Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Perhaps. But as I say - there's no lockdown then as traffic is normal as it used to be before covid.
Same on my commute, cat in the way as usual during my 7 second schlepp along the landing....

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Perhaps. But as I say - there's no lockdown then as traffic is normal as it used to be before covid.
Pop along to the railway station. It'll be dead when normally it's heaving.

In the South East, people who have to drive to work are typically those who can't work from home. Those who can work from home are mostly those who would usually take a train to London or another big town or city.

It's exactly the same around here.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Derbyshire Police officers overstepped the Coronavirus regulations.

https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/ne...npcc-around-about-travelling-during-lockdown/

Guidance is not law, and law is what they enforce.

Mixed feelings on this tbh.

I think the Gov' should impose a legally binding restriction on how far people can travel from homes for exersize.

Would make life a lot simpler for the Police and stop eg some people we know chugging 30 miles up to The Lakes for a walk when they have perfectly adequate countryside near to where they live.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mixed feelings on this tbh.

I think the Gov' should impose a legally binding restriction on how far people can travel from homes for exersize.

Would make life a lot simpler a lot for the Police and stop eg some people we know chugging 30 miles up to The Lakes for a walk when they have perfectly adequate countryside near to where they live.
"Local Borough" is in use down here. But that still gives close on twenty miles that can be travelled. Or a mile headed North.

gbb

Legendary Member
Generally quiet in Peterborough, I've complained before about peoples behaviour and some of that still stands but a quick pop to the shops, local roads were quiet, Co-op was quiet, car parks at the shopping centre much quieter than normal. On to the local potato man in a layby, hes been busy but the roads there were quiet, dropped a bag off at my sons (socially distanced at the door but enough to see the grandchildren for 5 minutes outdoors)...all quiet in his street.

Generally perhaps, people seem to be taking it seriously.

Reactions: mjr
Generally quiet in Peterborough, I've complained before about peoples behaviour and some of that still stands but a quick pop to the shops, local roads were quiet, Co-op was quiet, car parks at the shopping centre much quieter than normal. On to the local potato man in a layby, hes been busy but the roads there were quiet, dropped a bag off at my sons (socially distanced at the door but enough to see the grandchildren for 5 minutes outdoors)...all quiet in his street.

Generally perhaps, people seem to be taking it seriously.
EXACTLY my experience here in South Oxon. Commutes have been quiet too. Not April-quiet, but maybe 1995 quiet!

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The A646/A6033 have been quite busy through Todmorden. Roadworks and temporary traffic lights have caused tailbacks. It's a bit like having a school run that lasts much of the day. I can't figure out where they can all be driving to/from, unless a lot of people have suddenly sprouted 'green fingers' and headed to Gordon Rigg (a big local garden centre).

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Local roads are as busy as a normal day, majority of people NOT wearing masks while out and about, half-hearted attempts at social distancing, and COMPLETE F*CKWITS like these today, driving to remote areas of Northumberland to go for a walk. Cars got stuck, or came off the road. All needed to be towed/rescued. A friend (who was out running, from her home) took this pic earlier today :angry::angry::angry:
car idiots harthope.jpg

Local roads are as busy as a normal day, majority of people NOT wearing masks while out and about, half-hearted attempts at social distancing, and COMPLETE F*CKWITS like these today, driving to remote areas of Northumberland to go for a walk. Cars got stuck, or came off the road. All needed to be towed/rescued. A friend (who was out running, from her home) took this pic earlier today :angry::angry::angry: View attachment 568121
Don't worry! Everything will be fine if cyclists stick to 10mile rides or less.

Top Bottom