Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
As people have said the amount of traffic looks pretty much pre covid.

I worked throughout the first lockdown and back then I was almost the only car on the road. Over 1000 per 100,000 tests positive here so not looking good :sad:

Have you seen this morning's report about the parties Premier League footballers have been having over Xmas? Mainly Tottenham and West Ham but also Man City and Palace. Plus a host of lower league players have been flagrantly breaking the rules. The capacity for some people to be completely stupid knows no bounds.

And then they post pictures of themselves breaking the rules. Mindless idiots.

We had a simila case where an outbreak was traced in November to a football match between two local clubs. That wouldn't have been so bad but they then decided to have a big pi§§ up in the clubhouse until the small hours.

This in a small town, so everyone knew exactly who they were. They were not very popular...

The other problem is that a lot of drivers use the minor roads I like to walk and cycle on to avoid the possibility of checkpoints and they drive like complete selfish clowns.

Road deaths have actually gone up here in 2020 despite the fall in traffic volumes but the government has managed to find some obscure metfic to declare their road safety initiative a success:wacko:

I've noticed this phenomenon as well: when commuting into Stutgart I gave up using one particular "traffic free" street because the drivers who ignored the signs drove with no consideration for other wople whatsoever. It was as oif their sense of entitlement that allowed them to ignore rules also meant the thought they could ignore other people's safety.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The plod turned up at the local park this aft'. A few of us were 'hanging out' in the shelter. They said we shouldn't be congregating in such a 'large group(4 sat/stood around 6 feet apart),especially when indoors'. I pointed out that the shelter has a roof,but no walls,so we weren't 'indoors'.....in a polite way of course. They seemed bamboozled by this and just wandered off.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The schools are closed,half the country is on furlough,there's nowhere to go apart from the odd place still open,so where the feck are they all going?! I asked a bloke this question,while stood next to a road that resembled a motorway, yesterday. He said "They're all coming back from where they've been".🤔 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
The plod turned up at the local park this aft'. A few of us were 'hanging out' in the shelter. They said we shouldn't be congregating in such a 'large group(4 sat/stood around 6 feet apart),especially when indoors'. I pointed out that the shelter has a roof,but no walls,so we weren't 'indoors'.....in a polite way of course. They seemed bamboozled by this and just wandered off.
What part of this is so hard for you to understand? :scratch:

Meeting others
You cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone you do not live with or are not in a support bubble with (if you are legally permitted to form one).

You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

You cannot meet other people you do not live with, or have not formed a support bubble with, unless for a permitted reason.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home

D

Deleted member 26715

What part of this is so hard for you to understand? :scratch:
Clearly all of it, but it does show how ineffectual the Police are in this matter, that is not a go at the Police, just a comment on badly enacted policy

D

Deleted member 26715

Or it can be filed under "Things that only happen in Accy's head". :rolleyes:
No I suspect it happened, I walked past the local children's playground yesterday & there was a group of 6 of what I suspect were grandparents stood around talking, nobody wearing masks all stood inside a 2 meter circle.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well our Bob the Nob neighbour doesn't understand what 'stay in' is. More evident in the snow given the number of tyre tracks in and out of the drive - twice already this morning they have been out before 9am. His 'builders van' hasn't moved since before Christmas, but the family bus and daughter's car is in and out like yo-yo's (and their daughter has a 'mate round' - mate's car parked there for hours - bit obvious in a quiet cul-de-sac).

pawl

Legendary Member
Be funny as heck if they were refused re-entry into the country ^_^

The commentators on radio Leicestershire Newcastle v Leicester City was from the studios in Leicester from aTV screen They didn’t travel to Newcastle due to the tier four restrictions Glad they showed some sense more so than the players al hugging after they had scored

Top Bottom