Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Be funny as heck if they were refused re-entry into the country ^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
Is that not outbound?
Arrivals from SA
In response to a new variant of COVID-19 in South Africa, from 9am on 24 December direct flights from South Africa have been suspended. Visitors arriving into the UK who have been in or transited through South Africa in the previous 10 days will not be permitted entry.

D

Deleted member 26715

Arrivals from SA
In response to a new variant of COVID-19 in South Africa, from 9am on 24 December direct flights from South Africa have been suspended. Visitors arriving into the UK who have been in or transited through South Africa in the previous 10 days will not be permitted entry.
Scrolls down further ^_^

It's alright saying 'keep schools open' - is not OK if it's not safe for the Teachers. Those parents letting the kids mix in a playground, then they need to accept the risk that their kids will bring the virus home and possibly to grand parents - fine if you are younger (my SIL has this attitude) but the older you are the more it's a gamble, and not all Primary Teachers are in their 20's and 30's. This new strain has spread like crazy.
Poor explanation on my part. I meant with this behaviour and the government keeping playgrounds open they may as well have kept schools open. I agree its irresponsible and dont take my kids down

Playgrounds are a tricky one in my mind:
Fresh air and exercise - THE things that kids need (after food, water etc!).
MUCH safer than being indoors with a load of kids.
Only mixing with locals? Compared to schools that will have a larger catchment?
It's putting parents at risk (by choice) rather than teachers (by duty/obligation).

On the downside, it's still a lot of mixing, and an excuse for adults to mix in large numbers. I haven't seen that in the one nearest me. A lot of variables there ...

Lockdown my foot this morning from about 4.30 am the traffic started and didn't get less until about 10.am only thing I did notice was no school traffic Ok I know there are the services which are essential but come on there seemed more than usual so Its made me wonder if people are sticking to the rules ?

Lockdown my foot this morning from about 4.30 am the traffic started and didn't get less until about 10.am only thing I did notice was no school traffic Ok I know there are the services which are essential but come on there seemed more than usual so Its made me wonder if people are sticking to the rules ?
An email from kids school said more people are able to keep working so key worker and necessary school places are up to 50% normal school capacity and maximum they can take. Stands to reason more people still be on roads I suppose

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Although I have usually been working at home since last March despite critical worker status, it has been necessary to go into work, generally about once a month. I have had to drive on the M62 at 6am in the last two days and morning traffic has been barely unchanged pre Covid. At 5.30pm it is slightly lighter.

Top Bottom