Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
And they say Americans don't do irony -

The lockdown's not stopped it spreading.

How do you know that it won't stop it spreading?

Because it's still spreading now.

But you're not observing the guidelines, maybe if you did it wouldn't be spreading as much?

Well, well, errr errr.........

FFS, and these people are allowed to breed.

D

Deleted member 26715

Maybe people are beginning to question if lockdown is actually making a difference, lots of social media comments relating to; The difference between shopping in a busy supermarket and walking up a mountain socially distanced, you can do the afore mentioned but not the latter i think people are beginning to question many aspects of "covid"
I agreed to buy something before the latest restrictions, I had arranged to collect it tomorrow as this is the first convenient day for both of us. I've already paid for it, so would like to collect it, it's 60 miles away in another tier 4 zone, I'm struggling to see why if as agreed I turn up at the sellers house, I ring him, he comes out & puts the item on the drive & goes back in. I then go get the item wearing gloves & put it in my wife's car & drive back home, then put the item in the garage for 3 days.

The car is already full of fuel, I do not intend to stop in either direction, so apart from having an accident, what harm will it do?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I agreed to buy something before the latest restrictions, I had arranged to collect it tomorrow as this is the first convenient day for both of us. I've already paid for it, so would like to collect it, it's 60 miles away in another tier 4 zone, I'm struggling to see why if as agreed I turn up at the sellers house, I ring him, he comes out & puts the item on the drive & goes back in. I then go get the item wearing gloves & put it in my wife's car & drive back home, then put the item in the garage for 3 days.

The car is already full of fuel, I do not intend to stop in either direction, so apart from having an accident, what harm will it do?

I've done that. Collection at a distance - I've kept my distance and so have they. Personally I don't have an issue.

Domus

Guru
There is a certain section of society who do what the hell they want to. The ones who don't insure, tax or MOT their cars, use mobile phones whilst driving, exceed the speed limits, shoplift, rob banks, mug old ladies, ride on public transport without buying a ticket, drop litter, fly tip, rape, murder, sell drugs, scam innocents etc. etc. Why are people surprised that some people don't follow covid rules.

"I'm off to rob a bank dear, don't worry it's local and I'll be sure to wash my hands after". :laugh:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace

Providing it's to test your eyesight that'll be fine.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

That’s certainly inconvenient. Can’t you wait until restrictions permit travel outwith your area and rearrange the collection?

screenman

Legendary Member
I read somewhere else about a family who went to a popular spot for a walk and were shocked to find others there, you cannot make it up. Bit like being in a traffic jam and not seeing yourself as part of the problem.

D

Deleted member 26715

Impressive field research. Suddenly your avatar makes sense.
No research needed, I'll openly admit I like their Sausage McMuffin, if we are going anywhere we quite often have them as breakfast, however we won't queue any length of time, if there is a long queue we'll make other arrangements,

D

Deleted member 26715

Just been for our flu jab, called at the pharmacy on the way back, wife stayed in the car as I went in, she watched a car pull up at the side of us, a man got out just as another man came out of the shop next to the pharmacy. Much shouting then ensued, of which one of the phrases heard was "Now then you **** I haven't seen you in ages" they them embraced in a very manly hug jumping up & down, social distancing at it's best.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just been for our flu jab, called at the pharmacy on the way back, wife stayed in the car as I went in, she watched a car pull up at the side of us, a man got out just as another man came out of the shop next to the pharmacy. Much shouting then ensued, of which one of the phrases heard was "Now then you **** I haven't seen you in ages" they them embraced in a very manly hug jumping up & down, social distancing at it's best.
Someone shook my hand and wished me a happy new year on 2nd Jan this weekend. I allowed it to happen on account of the fact we were working in a cleanroom manufacturing environment where everyone is suited, hooded and gloved. It still felt really odd and I can't remember a time before this when I have had such close physical contact with a person that isn't an immediate family member.

Strange times indeed!

Ripple

Veteran
I just have seen a hairdresser being opened for business and serving a client. And we're in Tier 4.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Screenshot_2021-01-04-15-51-29.png

Like this, except we also have the matching cloth over-boots that clip and tie just below the knee. Perhaps this is what we should be wearing outdoirs too?

Top Bottom