Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The poor darlings deserve a break. Those nasty other teams keep beating them :laugh:.
Really though; how can this be justified? Lock the lazy useless overpaid morons in their training ground at Lennoxtown and don't let them out until they learn how to play football.
I think Brother Walfrid would be gobsmacked and ashamed.

D

Deleted member 26715

Sorry I missed you posting this I'm busy having a life not always looking at posts, but anyway I don't know the exact scenario, but it could well be that all these people work together along with their families & it includes people in the same household, I still maintain the irresponsible part is more so the newspapers making a big deal about it, which is only done to incense people such as yourself. What should be happening is they are all interviewed & if deem they broke the law fined 10% of their salaries.

Solocle

Über Member
The other problem is that a lot of drivers use the minor roads I like to walk and cycle on to avoid the possibility of checkpoints and they drive like complete selfish clowns.

Road deaths have actually gone up here in 2020 despite the fall in traffic volumes but the government has managed to find some obscure metfic to declare their road safety initiative a success:wacko:
During the first lockdown, I moved to riding on more major roads... frankly the worst driving I encountered was on the minor roads.
1609679339626.png

I was back on the trunk road network on boxing day: not ultra quiet, but quiet enough for me to be reasonably comfortable.
1609679416803.png

Ajax Bay

Guru
Also, have you noticed that those who were considered vulnerable last March and told to stay at home on pain of a £10,000 fine are no no longer anywhere near the head of the queue for the vaccinations?
Fact check (depending on what you mean by 'head of the queue'. Those designated 'vulnerable' in March are included in tranches 4 and 6 and they are in the first quarter of the population on the priority list. Personally I think that the priority laid out is entirely sensible, including getting all front line NHS (etc) workers vaccinated asap.
From the 'Green Book' - btw recommended to all as a succinct authoritative document with all you'd reasonably want to know.
Chapter 14a -COVID-19 - SARS-Cov-2Chapter 14a - COVID-19 - SARS-CoV-2December 2020
Table 2: JCIV Priority
1 Residents in a care home for older adults )
Staff working in care homes for older adults ) 1.1M
2 All those 80 years of age and over )
Frontline Health and social care workers ) 5M
3 All those 75 years of age and over ) 2.3M
4 All those 70 years of age and over )
Clinically extremely vulnerable individuals ) 3.3M
5 All those 65 years of age and over ) 3.4M
6 Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group
(Table 3 and definition @ *) 2.2M
The rest = 54M

* Clinically extremely vulnerable in priority group 6
People who are defined as clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) are considered to be at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 (https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...xtremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19#cev)

D

Deleted member 26715

Fact check (depending on what you mean by 'head of the queue'. Those designated 'vulnerable' in March are included in tranches 4 and 6 and they are in the first quarter of the population on the priority list. Personally I think that the priority laid out is entirely sensible, including getting all front line NHS (etc) workers vaccinated asap.
From the 'Green Book' - btw recommended to all as a succinct authoritative document with all you'd reasonably want to know.
Chapter 14a -COVID-19 - SARS-Cov-2Chapter 14a - COVID-19 - SARS-CoV-2December 2020
Table 2: JCIV Priority
1 Residents in a care home for older adults )
Staff working in care homes for older adults ) 1.1M
2 All those 80 years of age and over )
Frontline Health and social care workers ) 5M
3 All those 75 years of age and over ) 2.3M
4 All those 70 years of age and over )
Clinically extremely vulnerable individuals ) 3.3M
5 All those 65 years of age and over ) 3.4M
6 Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group
(Table 3 and definition @ *) 2.2M
The rest = 54M

* Clinically extremely vulnerable in priority group 6
People who are defined as clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) are considered to be at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 (https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...xtremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19#cev)
My father 96,aunt 95 & b-i-l 80 severe Parkinsonism have not been contacted in any way shape or form, however as we don't live in the home counties we don't count anyway

vickster

Legendary Member
There were never fines imposed on people who were strongly recommended to shield but chose not to - it was not mandated in any law (assuming they adhered to the legal requirements for the general public). There still aren’t for those designated as ECV (again with the same assumption).

Ajax Bay

Guru
My father 96, aunt 95 & b-i-l 80 severe Parkinsonism have not been contacted in any way shape or form
Massively surprised. My mother (92 in Dorset) was jabbed before Christmas but expects her second dose appointment on Wednesday will be cancelled. I'd get your relatives to phone their doctor's surgery asap (assume not in care home). I think, because of the radically different thermostability aspects of the two options, the 'system' will be using the Oxford AZ to take into care homes for the Pri 1 group.

PK99

Legendary Member
We live in a de facto Police State. Of course the powers that be can do what they want. They are important. We are not.

Nonsense!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There was a close group of mixed aged runners in Lyme Park this morning. Considering numbers of cars are limited, there were 15 to 20 of them :ohmy:. Tier 4 area.

TBH I saw loads of folk out. Multi house hold 'older' folks walking, 2 lots of 6 MTBers, numerous groups of runners. Traffic was quite low.

Oh and given I was only passed by a handful of cars, guess who tried to pass that badly they aborted when their bonnet was under my elbow, a bloody car with a four bike rack on the roof. :laugh:

PK99

Legendary Member
Also, have you noticed that those who were considered vulnerable last March and told to stay at home on pain of a £10,000 fine are no no longer anywhere near the head of the queue for the vaccinations?

My memory must be failing me. I don't recall any such threat of a fine for not shielding.

Could you help me out and give a reference.

This official link from the time does not help:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ng-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19

Maybe I missed something?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
People keep referring to a 'lockdown'. We're not in one and never have been.

A lockdown is where you can't leave home without permission or explicit reasons that are checked. We've never had to do this. France/Spain have got close.

The idiots going around refer to a lockdown and haven't a clue what it means.

Had we got a proper one it'd be jail time for anyone breaking the law. Not a fine which won't get paid anyway.

DRHysted

Guru

A lockdown is where you can't leave home without permission or explicit reasons that are checked. We've never had to do this. France/Spain have got close.

Had we got a proper one it'd be jail time for anyone breaking the law. Not a fine which won't get paid anyway.

dont forget that there was little to no control of our borders. Foreign lorry drivers have been permitted entry into this country without any checks throughout the pandemic, I know this because I have been dealing with these drivers. Checks at airports were only implemented when we came out of the first lockdown, unlike Thailand, Australia,New Zealand which all have quarantine hotels for all incomers for 14 days.
everything this government has done has reminded me of the saying of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Worse still (IMO) there is no-working alternative to what we’ve got.

postman

Legendary Member
How about this Supermarket near Amble Norfumberland,shopper asks why is yer caff not open.Well it's bin closed since lockdown.Shopper well we've come from Essex thought they would be open,having a break ....Give me strength.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member

Sorry but I couldn't fit the official BS title for tier 4 restrictions (in Scotland but may vary depending where you live) into the title :okay:.

Top Bottom