Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rualexander

Legendary Member
We are allowed out for exercise but that exercise should start and finish at your home address.

That's incorrect.
From https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-travel-and-transport/
"Exceptions
Scottish law prohibits travel without a reasonable excuse to or from a Level 3 or 4 local authority area, or between Scotland and other parts of the world as explained above.

The law does not prohibit travel through a Level 3 or 4 area, or through Scotland, to reach somewhere else.

It also lists a range of examples of reasons for which travel is permitted. Guidance on those is set out below. But please remember that it is important for everyone’s safety that we all minimise such travel as much as possible."

"local outdoor informal exercise such as walking, cycling, golf, or running (in groups of up to 6 people, plus any children under 12, from no more than 2 households) that starts and finishes at the same place (which can be up to 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area)"

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Went for a 15 miler this afternoon, through rural parts, then town (NW England) and back to rural parts. Traffic was about the same as a pre tier 4 Sunday afternoon. :sad: I stopped at a set of traffic lights near a Macdonalds. The queue of cars waiting to be served went round the building.
As I said to Mrs B when I got home, if our hairdresser, (who enjoys cycling), saw what I did, he would be utterly depressed. Unable to work, yet seemingly large numbers of people on essential journeys. And I can't get my head around places like Macdonalds being an essential journey.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Woman on local radio earlier saying how busy a local hill walk carpark and approach road was. Almost inevitable that most of those people weren't local...

I don't understand this need to drive 50miles each way for a wee dander and a coffee - when essential travel only is recommended.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Back in May I wrote of my concerns at the increase in traffic, despite the national call to stay home as much as possible.

I've been working at my office throughout the lockdown and traffic this week is easily double what it was the week before, which was about double that of the previous week. Where I was once probably one of 60 cars that I would see throughout my entire journey, I now have a full lane of traffic ahead and behind me on the motorway for as far as I can see.

I don't know why this is happening.

Now the traffic levels are back to pre-Covid, with very busy urban roads and the motorway has returned to its best impersonation of a car park.

There seems to be an attitude where, instead of doing the most to comply with the spirit and rule of restrictions, so many people are determined to do the very least. Selfish feckers that they are.

gavgav

Guru
More evidence of people who can’t do as they’re told, putting others at risk. How difficult is it to understand the term “Stay Local”??

Families rescued in Peak District after getting trapped in snow https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55523147

Covid: Snowdonia National Park wardens 'getting abuse' during lockdown https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55516368

gavgav

Guru
One question should be why the Met office warning of the possibility of snow in the area weren't sent out until nearly 2 hours AFTER the snow had started, maybe nobody was in the office to look out of the window.
They seem to do that often these days, I.e change their forecast after the event. However, main reason for posting was the final paragraphs in the report, which confirms virtually all of them came from other counties and so shouldn’t have been there anyway....

Bianchi boy

Über Member
Maybe people are beginning to question if lockdown is actually making a difference, lots of social media comments relating to; The difference between shopping in a busy supermarket and walking up a mountain socially distanced, you can do the afore mentioned but not the latter i think people are beginning to question many aspects of "covid"

Top Bottom