Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The reason I don't go out stealing every day has nothing to do with police enforcement or anti-theft legislation.
I don't think there is any debate here about whether stealing [local or non-local] is good (recommended, moral, allowed); but hey, if you think it's relevant, you're welcome to post about it. Good for you!

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't think there is any debate here about whether stealing [local or non-local] is good (recommended, moral, allowed); but hey, if you think it's relevant, you're welcome to post about it. Good for you!
You're the one who cross threaded my comment about legislation.

Stay at home.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'd genuinely completely forgotten about track & trace.
So has Boris.
That's just the way we do things in the UK though isn't it! :whistle:

For example - How about £20,000 on consultancy fees to come up with a name for the institution to be formed by merging The University of Bradford and Bradford College? Three months later the genius consultants came up with a shortlist of 3 alternative names - Bradford University, University of Bradford and The University of Bradford. I would have done it in 3 minutes for £1,000! :laugh:

You probably think that I made that example up - NOPE! :wacko:

PS And then the merger was called off anyway! :banghead:
Not bad considering the Beeb apparently spent £1Million on their new logo in the 90s

old-bbc-logo-3.jpg

bruce1530

Guru
A pal of mine is currently suffering from Covid. We expect him to recover. We have a mutual friend who is in a worse position, having been on a ventilator for the last fortnight.

My pal wrote this today.

What Nicola should really have said:

‘So, here we go again. I’m on your television telling you that things are going to be sh!t for a while and that's no exaggeration. I’m pleading with you to stop going out if you don't need to. I'm asking you not to see your friends and loved ones for now so that they are still alive when this pandemic eases. Do you think that makes me a bad person? But you know what; this job isn’t easy, especially when there are so many going against this advice. All I’m doing is trying to please you lot and ultimately stop you or anyone dear to you dying at the same time. I give you rules, you break them. I ease things a little, you take the piss. There are so many ungrateful, selfish human beings in this Country at the moment who are putting us all at risk. I’m now at the point where I have no other choice but to impose stricter rules because of the idiots who won't heed the warnings. You are the ones putting ridiculous pressure on the NHS, by ignoring the things I have asked you to do. So many who "think" they are Scientists, Doctors and COVID-19 experts. You aren’t, you have no idea what this Country is dealing with, you have no idea what the NHS are preparing for or what they have already been through! I am taking advice from the best in this Country and doing my best to please you all. So stop being so selfish! Yes it’s boring, it’s getting old, but it won’t go away if you all continue to throw your toys out of your pram. Grow up! Take responsibility for yourself and your so-called loved ones and do as you are asked!! It doesn’t matter what Government is in charge it would still be the same. We are Damned if we do and we are Damned if we don’t. Please take some responsibility and Stay at f**king home!!! It won’t kill you to stay at home but you might kill yourself or others with your blatant disregard for the current guidance. Our NHS staff are exhausted and continue to battle through in the face of yet another wave of this virus...DO THE RIGHT THING and STAY AT HOME!!!!

Top Bottom