Locking bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The NY Fagh is a great lock, but its also small, so check it will fit your frame and rack. I put mine through the rear triangle at the brakes, just enough room to get through and round the Sheffield stand.

They are heavy though. If that doesn't fig, get the Abus Granite x54. I picked my NY up for £55 from Parker International.

Kies

I leave my D lock on some railings at Shepherds Bush station. I have to ride in/out that point on my commute. Saves carrying that heavy Abus the other 15 miles to/from home

Sara_H

Guru
I leave my D lock on some railings at Shepherds Bush station. I have to ride in/out that point on my commute. Saves carrying that heavy Abus the other 15 miles to/from home

Thats a good idea if you're only going to be needing your lock for one location. Me and my OH have a lock at work that we share, but I almost always have both my locks with me anyway as I use my bike for shopping and being a lady who lunches etc.
They're very heavy, but I carry so much crap I don't really notice the extra weight. Just don't understand why I haven't got thighs of steel!

Sara_H

Guru
the new york is prob one of the best d locks about,mega heavy though

The Abus D lock I've got is very highly rated on bike radar, funnily enough, it's not too heavy. Compared to the chain that I've also go its virtually feather weight!

vickster

Legendary Member
+2

The thing with the Fahgettabout it is it's very small which can be awkward if having to share a stand. The Abus is bigger, that has disadvantages in terms of the scumbags having more chance of levering it open

TBH if leaving bike in Central London, I'd want both

Plus very good insurance

Top Bottom