Locks, locks and more locks...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1lor

Regular
main locks should be U/D locks everything else is secondary, any lock of any type can be broken into, its just to serve as a deterrent to make yours unattractive to thieves. Most bikes that are stolen are the ones with cables

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Tredz have some locks reduced at the moment.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/onguard-d-locks

si_c

Guru
Kryptonite locks are decent and with a good extension cable more than sufficient.

I won't buy Abus as I find the company to be morally bankrupt. But that's a personal choice.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
On my motorcycles I had a sticker on every one that said Protected by extreme violence. Although not violent in any way and being the build of a stick I never had the need to lock it up. They were all Rat bikes though so that may have had a lot to do with it I guess.

1lor

Regular
Kryptonite locks are decent and with a good extension cable more than sufficient.

I won't buy Abus as I find the company to be morally bankrupt. But that's a personal choice.
What do you mean morally bankrupt, i have one of their locks they are good enough i've not had an issue with it so no need to contact their customer services, at the end of the day all of them can be broken into just a matter of having the right tool on the thief.

si_c

Guru
What do you mean morally bankrupt, i have one of their locks they are good enough i've not had an issue with it so no need to contact their customer services, at the end of the day all of them can be broken into just a matter of having the right tool on the thief.
The locks are good, but the company itself is pretty horrible. They won't allow women in management positions and they donate significant amounts of money to anti-lgbt hate groups. They keep that part quiet though.

1lor

Regular
The locks are good, but the company itself is pretty horrible. They won't allow women in management positions and they donate significant amounts of money to anti-lgbt hate groups. They keep that part quiet though.
how did you find out, your source?

Rusty Rocket

That’s some fairly serious allegations, where did you get this information from?

Top Bottom