Lon Las Cymru - Barmouth Bridge proposed closure!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andym

Über Member
Thanks for posting that. Signed the petition.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I saw that piece on the news last night. It would be sadly missed if it closed down. A lot of people use it. Thanks for posting the link.

Now signed

Last edited:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Signed and shared as well. It's one of the highlights of riding in that area. Locals say the only view in the world better than looking up the Mawddach estuary is looking down it (or the other way round, I forget which).

matiz

Guru
Just signed,Ive got many happy childhood memories of Barmouth and Fairbourne ,from holidaying in the 60s with parents to taking my own kids .I reckon the council are bluffing though,down here they threaten every year to close the public toilets and put up the car park charges to save cash ,both Guaranteed to put off the tourists the town depends on

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Already signed that one. Ridden and walked the bridge a few times :okay:

IncoherentJeff

Signed as a potential tourist. In fact I spent my lunch breaks planning a Welsh coastal cycle holiday on google maps last week.
Closing routes especially scenic ones like that's a sure fire way to make tourists go elsewhere.

Bodhbh

Guru
I signed it. I did Lon Las Cymru in May and seeing this thread was trying to find a representitive photo from the bridge, but all I could find was shots from either side. I think because it was too busy on the bridge to stop much and take a photo. It is one of the highlights of the route and seems really shortsighted to close it, probably more so for all the people stopping in Barmouth who fancy a post-prandial wonder than cyclists doing LLC.

Brains

Legendary Member
If they closed off the three bridges on the A496 they would save a lot more than £30K a year, as no road infrastructure would be required in Barmouth at all.

Top Bottom