London Bike Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I'm off to the bike show on Saturday. If you've been are there any good deals you would recommend or things that are unmissable?

It's my birthday next week and the Mrs is coming with me so I'm looking for a birthday present :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Went last year, the day didn't end happily for me...
but there's really not much to buy, and no real bargains....had free tickets, it's a trade fair, bikes to look at, can buy some bits and bobs

go to the basement at condor on Grays inn road to order a pukka birthday present ;)

@jefmcg might have a different take on the day than me!

Last edited:

Keith Oates

Janner
I think the London and most bike shows, are a place to go for looking and then do the buying afterwards when you've had time to check the market.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Went last year, the day didn't end happily for me...
but there's really not much to buy, and no real bargains....had free tickets, it's a trade fair, bikes to look at, can buy some bits and bobs

go to the basement at condor on Grays inn road to order a pukka birthday present ;)

@jefmcg might have a different take on the day than me!

I am not so sure it is a Trade Fair, I think it is more for the public. I've had a few people in the trade tell me they don't go to this show above others like EuroBike.

All bike events are listed here
http://www.bikebiz.com/events

PS< forgot to say, I went to the show yesterday - was pretty good

vickster

Legendary Member
But there's essentially very little to buy, maybe a lock, or some protein bars, perhaps some sunglasses, maybe some end of line clothing. I wouldn't say it was the place to get a bargain or a birthday present

Rooster1

Some pics from the show.

1 - Bobbin Bikes - Very reasonably priced retro bikes.
2 - Bike Belle Stand
3- Caterham frame detail
4 - Enigma Elite
5 - Pinarello
6- Wiggo Bike
DSCF6294.JPG DSCF6289.JPG DSCF6284.JPG DSCF6252.JPG DSCF6251 - Copy.JPG DSCF6250.JPG

Rooster1

1 - Cube fancy paintjob!
2- Big Ring (thats what .... said)
3 - Retro car inspired steelie

Attachments

• DSCF6263.JPG
    DSCF6263.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF6257 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF6257 - Copy.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF6254 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF6254 - Copy.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 26

Onyer

I'm off to the bike show on Saturday. If you've been are there any good deals you would recommend or things that are unmissable?

It's my birthday next week and the Mrs is coming with me so I'm looking for a birthday present :smile:
I went yesterday. Look out for the young guy who has invented cycling cloves with an indicator light. Raise your hand to indicate and the light flashes on and off. Very clever and enterprising of him. Look out for new bikes and sow seeds of what you would like! If you miss the Rose Xtralite, it's probably because the wind has blown it away.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
But there's essentially very little to buy, maybe a lock, or some protein bars, perhaps some sunglasses, maybe some end of line clothing. I wouldn't say it was the place to get a bargain or a birthday present
Most of the stuff won't have a price on it but a lot of it can be ordered there and then with show discount prices. some upto 30% off if I recall correctly.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I went to the NEC bike show last year and availed myself of the sample energy drinks on offer.

In fact, I over availed myself and ended up feeling a bit squiffy for a few minutes.

I was thirsty, and no one told me you aren't supposed to drink half a litre at one go.

The fact the drinks were being served in thimbles should have given me a clue.

Top Bottom