London Cyclist Brief For Uni!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charlottebloom

Hi guys, my current project at university requires some primary resources about cycle lanes and which routes are the safest around and about London (all parts; central, south east, etc.)

If you're experienced in your route-taking, would you mind taking a few seconds to answer a couple of questions? I would very much appreciate it!

1. When you think of riding around London, what specific destinations come to mind? What is the most memorable/recognisable landmark for you and why?
2. Which route would you consider to be the safest and why? Where does the route start and end for you, personally?
3. When you think of cycling with safety, what comes to mind first?

Thanks so much for any responses!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:popcorn:

Drago

Legendary Member
1. I used to cycle down to the embankment from Euston, usually down Tottenham Court Road and then strike off at an angle south of Shaftesbury Avenue. The only exciting landmark was my girlfriends flat I'm afraid, although I'd navigateby landmarks like theatres, sometimes the British Museum if using a different route

2. Its been a good while, so couldnt recommend any particularly safe routes. My experience pre dates the more modern attempts at cycle traffic management

3. Murderous car/bus/lorry drivers. The motorised road traffic and the brain donors that were permitted to pilot them were far and away the main impediment to safe two wheeled passage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom