London cyclist post work pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gooner Mad Dog

I cycle from Westminster to Walthamstow often see several nice places in Islington to stop for odd slurp especially off Upper St just wondered are there any really cyclist pubs, secure parking, outside seating, or a website that promotes cycling friendly pubs etc

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It's not a pub exactly, and it's slightly off your route, but Look Mum No Hands! does stock some good beers, and has cycling on the big screen...
http://www.lookmumnohands.com/

d.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Maybe I'm just a bit sensitive on the subject, but it seems to me kinda like asking if there are any motorway service stations with pubs.

Oh give the 'self righteousness' a rest will ya. :rolleyes:
Nothing wrong with what the OP is asking for.
You have never had a pint whilst out on a ride no?

lejogger

Guru
Maybe I'm just a bit sensitive on the subject, but it seems to me kinda like asking if there are any motorway service stations with pubs.
The OP doesn't mention alcohol does it? I don't think the thread was intended to be a moral debate on the rights and wrongs of drinking and cycling, merely a query on whether there are any cycling friendly establishments on his route?

Perhaps we should make an assumption that the majority of posters on here are actually capable of moderating their own alcohol consumption and not have their threads censored on the off chance that their intention is actually to down 8 stellas and play pedestrian pinball on their way home. :cycle:

freewheelwilly

'The Shakespear', Allen Road,Stoke Newington, Hackney
'Pub On The Park' London Fields Park, Hackney.
'Anchor & Hope', River Lee Towpath, Clapton, Hackney.

To name but a few. These are my favourite that are local to me and are en route for you via a slight deviation perhaps. All are popular with cyclists due to the area rather than being 'cycle' pubs but have plenty of secure means of locking up your bike and have tolerant landlords that allow you to take inside if its raining.

dawesome

The Anchor and Hope used to be quite a fruity pub, Buster Bloodvessel used it. Their pub bbq was an upturned Tescos trolley.

Top Bottom