London cyclists - Have your say

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
Oh boy, there's the whole world of cycle pro/anti arguments going on here.

The level of input has much to compare it with the Daily Wail.

Do please wade in, if you can be bothered, to address the balance.

The link is to one thread on the Mayor of London's 'Talk London' website. If you're bored you can use up many hours viewing this and other threads marvelling at the supreme levels of bigotry, ignorance, misinformation and unwillingness to consider evidence which are on display.

Laugh a minute stuff if it wasn't so sad (and possibly influential).

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Once again, it's a website that cheerfully claims people with audio-visual impairment are not humans (thanks Google, thanks GLA) and therefore not allowed to register, so please, if you can register, say something on behalf of cyclists who can't.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
A copy/paste of all the stuff we hear time and time again - "Road tax", "Cyclists breaking the law", etc, etc etc.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Once again, it's a website that cheerfully claims people with audio-visual impairment are not humans (thanks Google, thanks GLA) and therefore not allowed to register, so please, if you can register, say something on behalf of cyclists who can't.

Not quite sure I understand. Or is it a reference to headphones?

The viewpoint I always counter these idiots with is, that there are more drivers, driving "otherwise in accordance with a license" and un insured, than there are cyclists, who own a car, and do likewise.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Not quite sure I understand. Or is it a reference to headphones?
No, it's a reference to the registration form having that farking reCaptcha eyetest/hearing test thing on.

The comments section isn't a consultation so why bother arguing with the trolls?
All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. Troll them back, if you can ;)

No, it's a reference to the registration form having that farking reCaptcha eyetest/hearing test thing on.

All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. Troll them back, if you can ;)
Arguing with idiots in the comments who have zero influence is pointless and a waste of time. Save it for debating with those who matter.

I'm not a fan of capcha, but I think anyone who cycles could manage any (or at least one) of these

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 22.39.46.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 22.39.32.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 22.39.18.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 22.37.51.jpg

(Haven't signed up myself, because I don't have any interest in engaging those trolls)

mjr

I'm not a fan of capcha, but I think anyone who cycles could manage any (or at least one) of these
It depends what your eyesight problem is. Mine is abnormal contrast perception and I'm only confident about the street signs one and my experience with reCaptcha makes me wonder if that's misplaced. The real world is much easier to examine than flat pictures, as moving about the object even slightly gives so much more information. Even video's slightly easier.

My hearing was damaged in a factory accident decades ago and reportedly the reCaptcga hearing test has a much higher fail rate to start with. Just as well you don't need good hearing to cycle ;)

It depends what your eyesight problem is. Mine is abnormal contrast perception and I'm only confident about the street signs one and my experience with reCaptcha makes me wonder if that's misplaced. The real world is much easier to examine than flat pictures, as moving about the object even slightly gives so much more information. Even video's slightly easier.

My hearing was damaged in a factory accident decades ago and reportedly the reCaptcga hearing test has a much higher fail rate to start with. Just as well you don't need good hearing to cycle ;)
Ugh. Ok. I would never judge another person's disability - because I can't, of course.

Just by-the-by do you have an idea that would prevent robot signins, but not disabled users?

mjr

FWIW, numbering the squares
Or similar, I think the sushi is 148, pizzas is 3458, tea is 2348 and street sign 12359 13 (or 123 if the leg doesn't count). Anyone with normal eyesight able to confirm or reject?

mjr

Just by-the-by do you have an idea that would prevent robot signins, but not disabled users?
Not a general solution, but textcaptcha.com style methods seem better for this case. People with a wide range of cognitive disabilities will still be disadvantaged, but discussion sites already do that in other ways.

Top Bottom