London-Dover, low traffic route?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zsofia

Hi Guys,
I am cycling to Budapest this summer and have just started planning my route. Has anyone done the London-Dover route yet? I have searched a lot of forums and most of them recommend A20 which I would definitely like to avoid. Does anyone know any alternative, low-traffic routes?

musa

Über Member
try bikehike and see/plan a route yourself

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
flying dodo will have a route. It's one of his Adam's amazing cycling adventures. It's a very nice route toO. He's out on a bike ride at the moment. But ping him to ask.

Chrisz

Über Member
Depends on where abouts in London you start off really. I'd avoid the A20 but pick up the A2 to Rochester, from there there's a nice quiet back route that runs pretty much parallel to the A2 to Sittingbourne, then off through the back of Teynham & Faversham and brings you out behind Canterbury. You can then take the back routes through to Dover (there's a cycle path running alongside the A2 - never tried it myself though).

Try mapmyride.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
The cycle path that runs alongside the A2 from dartford to Rochester is very good I travel it quiet a lot then follow the a2 to facets ham etc it's very nice ride

Top Bottom