London -Erbil(Iraq) on 2 wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
SPOILERS!!!
(I dont do Instagram)

I'm still following the FB story.
It's Day 59, (9th September)
We are in Malatya, which is in the middle of Eastern Turkey, will he make the boarder ?
Will he manage to enter?
The suspense is palatable!
I await his next batch of updates!

aha.. jut seen this thread. Its the Good Doctor.
Did a good few rides with him 10 years back along with @Blue Hills .
Good stuff.
My god, is it? Will go and read.
I well remember him trashing his rear mech and wheel on my infamous hell of chiddingley ride/mutiny and being taken home in a large cab.i have a nice pic somewhere on a bust pc of him enjoying that ride.
I think the last time I saw him was on top of telegraph hill when i was leading my peaks of lewisham ride. He was busy on call i think that night but came along very nicely just to say hi.
Respect Doc. An inspiration.

Last edited:

Brains

Legendary Member
He has arrived on FB as well !

Impressive, About 3,500 miles in 67 days
Means he was averaging 60 miles a day, every day,
He had quite a few days off, I'd love some stats and a exact route when you can

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ebahassan

Über Member
My god, is it? Will go and read.
I well remember him trashing his rear mech and wheel on my infamous hell of chiddingley ride/mutiny and being taken home in a large cab.i have a nice pic somewhere on a bust pc of him enjoying that ride.
I think the last time I saw him was on top of telegraph hill when i was leading my peaks of lewisham ride. He was busy on call i think that night but came along very nicely just to say hi.
Respect Doc. An inspiration.
hello, you have dissaperad, we were getting on well, are you still traveling a lot to Sardinia

hello, you have dissaperad, we were getting on well, are you still traveling a lot to Sardinia
Just seen.
Haven't disappeared at all - round and about more than I ever was, cycling solo, cycling with groups, lots of other stuff.
Yes we did get on well :smile: - no falling out.
Will be in Sardinia again soon.
all the best, am afraid I don't use FB or Instagram.
(by the by a certain twonk of our mutual acquaintance tried to tell me that I had to join their very own FB group to go on their "invitation only" rides :smile:
will check out your other postings on your epic trip
all the best to you and yours

AlistairTorquay

Hi Folks,
I am 62 year old male planning to cycle from London to Erbil in Iraq on 1st august 2019, I am gathering information and tips about the routes, camping as much as I can, any body interested, welcome to join me all the way or part of the route, I have allocated 3 month to do the trip it is a round 3000 miles, I am from Erbil originally, been in UK since June 1990. I am a British Citizen
Congratulations, absolutely brilliant! I'm just reading this weeks newsletter and see you have completed this ride. Well done.

OP
OP
E

ebahassan

Über Member
Thank you

Top Bottom