London hotel or B&B wanted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I need the recommendation of a decent, reasonably priced hotel somewhere in town.
Anyone got any suggestions?

stephec

Legendary Member
It's a big place, any particular part of town?

Sharky

Guru
Holiday or business?
Blackfriars is a bit dull to stay in the evenings. Greenwich with footbridge to the isle of dogs and the DLR is more lively.

But don't have any hotel recommendations.

Keith

MarkF

Guru
Every stinky hovel I've ever slept in, has been in London, if you'd asked where not to stay, I'd have been your man...............

Recently I've used a few Premier Inns as The Jogger suggests, they are reliably dull but clean, and clean is all I am wanting tbh. I do prefer not to give my money to chains and the Cardiff Hotel, Norfolk Square is great, W2 1RU, convenient too.

My good lady & daughter use the Blackfriars Premier Inn for show weekends, they highly recommend it, but it is a dull area.

snorri

Legendary Member
As MarkF says Premier are dull but clean, horses for courses!
You can often have a bit of luxury at reasonable cost by leaving off booking until the last moment and selecting online one of these "secret" hotels. You get the rough location, but not the hotel name until after you have confirmed the online booking.
lastminute.com
hoteldirect.com
laterooms.com

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you want want cheap the Formule1 hotel in Barking from £38. Weird place, no staff after six, all done by your card. Self cleaning bathroom. It's a French chain.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Barking! :ohmy:
I don't want cheap but neither do I want rip-off. Blackfriars may be dull but I won't stay in that area of course apart from sleeping. Public transport is so good in Lahndon and shank's pony is fine too.
My bloody daughter moved back to Brighton recently depriving me of an even cheaper option:rolleyes:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Barking! :ohmy:
Public transport is so good in Lahndon and shank's pony is fine too.
:rolleyes:
Anywhere in zone 1 is good in London. blackfriars is hardly a ghost towm, it is only a short walk to St Pauls, The Tate Modern and South Bank. A quick walk down Fleet st and you are on the Strand.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3037006, member: 1314"]Unfortunately the pubs on Fleet St shut on Saturday. :sad: Used to be a nice pub in Barking called The Spotted Dog.[/QUOTE]
So is that "Barking yes" now?

Top Bottom