London marathon Ballot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Well I don't see much achievment in runny 26 miles when you've done it times before and gone beyond that distance. I run to gain PBs in big events. As for charity, the amount the charities have to pay it's debatable as to how supportive the system is.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
darkstar said:
Well I don't see much achievment in runny 26 miles when you've done it times before and gone beyond that distance. I run to gain PBs in big events. As for charity, the amount the charities have to pay it's debatable as to how supportive the system is.

Well you start this thread bemoaning the fact that the ballot closes so quickly and you won't/can't reach the £1500 required to secure a charity place. When I suggest that the event is opened to newbies first you're not so happy. I did mean newbies to the specific event, not newbies to marathons by the way. I don't think an event of this nature should be forced to allow anyone that just fancies giving it a go. But if someone has already run a marathon elsewhere, but not London, then they should be allowed in first.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Ahhh I completly misunderstod your point (posting this on phone in front of football) I though you meant that runners who hav ran a marathon before should be put behind the ransoms just giving it a go! Apologies.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
darkstar said:
Ahhh I completly misunderstod your point (posting this on phone in front of football) I though you meant that runners who hav ran a marathon before should be put behind the ransoms just giving it a go! Apologies.

No probs, I realised we were roughly in agreement:biggrin:

Top Bottom