London might not be quite so horrible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neslon

I had to go go down for the day, and it was much less nasty - I suppose the autumn doesn't form so much photochemical smog, and there was less traffic. I thought I ought to post, just to be fair handed, after my last visit. What really tickled me though, was the commentary from the morning cab driver - proper old fashioned xenophobic racist frothing at the mouth. He had some very unsupportive comments about cycle commuters....

Abitrary

What did he say?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
London is flippin' great to cycle in!!! I love the cut and thrust of London traffic and all the interactions you get with people along the way.

Road Fiddler

I love cycling in heavy traffic, i had a right laugh riding from Freewheel back to Clapham Junction through the traffic, the first time i have ridden in London for well over 10 years, sadly it was Sunday so the roads were not that busy, still managed to cut it up with the cars though. I cant wait to come up there again and next time i hope it will be a weekday.

I might try to make it up for a critical mass

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Wouldn't bother with CM if you enjoy cycling in heavy traffic. It's a 4mph crawl surrounded by police, no weaving or anything at all, as a ride, it gets dull.......

only worth it if you have mates riding as well......

Top Bottom