1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London might not be quite so horrible

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by neslon, 27 Sep 2007.

1. neslon

neslon Well-Known Member

I had to go go down for the day, and it was much less nasty - I suppose the autumn doesn't form so much photochemical smog, and there was less traffic. I thought I ought to post, just to be fair handed, after my last visit. What really tickled me though, was the commentary from the morning cab driver - proper old fashioned xenophobic racist frothing at the mouth. He had some very unsupportive comments about cycle commuters....

2. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

What did he say?

3. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

London's great...deal with it.

4. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I hope you put him in his place and didn't give a tip!!

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I thought I asked you to wake me up?

6. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

Oy! Back on your column, Nelson and don't come down till us asks ee..

7. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

London is flippin' great to cycle in!!! I love the cut and thrust of London traffic and all the interactions you get with people along the way.

8. Road Fiddler

Road Fiddler New Member

I love cycling in heavy traffic, i had a right laugh riding from Freewheel back to Clapham Junction through the traffic, the first time i have ridden in London for well over 10 years, sadly it was Sunday so the roads were not that busy, still managed to cut it up with the cars though. I cant wait to come up there again and next time i hope it will be a weekday.

I might try to make it up for a critical mass

9. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Wouldn't bother with CM if you enjoy cycling in heavy traffic. It's a 4mph crawl surrounded by police, no weaving or anything at all, as a ride, it gets dull.......

only worth it if you have mates riding as well......

10. Yes I really enjoy avoiding the huge amount of morons out there after a long day at work.(not)