London Posse - where were you all?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Sh4rkyBloke, 12 Apr 2010.

1. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Well?

I was down in the Big Smoke doing the tourist thing over the weekend, and didn't see a single bit of Cycle Chat kit. The lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves! ;)

Did see loads of cyclists though, and some seriously bad cycling (and driving!) around the area we wandered around (Southwark Bridge, Tower Bridge, Westminster Bridge and locality, Buckingham Palace area and Picadilly Circus area).

It was all very busy but must be so much better by bike down there - I'd go mad being stuck in a car in all that traffic all the time, but fortunately we'd gone by train and were using the Underground extensively (kids loved it!!).

Cracking weather too, and some very friendly people who helped us with pram/bags down lots of stairs at some Tube stations when heading back to the train station. Enjoyed it muchly (apart from the prices! :biggrin:).

2. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

We were all in Manchester, at the Hacienda...

3. dub-no-bass

dub-no-bass New Member

Cracking weather = an excuse to get out of the city and hit the country lanes!
    Why on earth would anyone waste a nice day by wilfully heading into a congested city? :laugh:

4. SavageHoutkop

SavageHoutkop Über Member

My impression too when I was last Down South for an evening.
    London is manic compared to Manchester :laugh:

5. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

I wasn't in central london on the weekend. but can be found between westminster and croydon during rush hour :laugh:

6. OP
    OP
    Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

We arrived at about 12.15 on Friday and went via the Underground to London Bridge station and then walked to our hotel near Southwark Bridge. After unpacking we went for a walk round and headed over to the London Eye to see about times/costs etc. Would have been on Westminster Bridge about 4.30pm or thereabouts. Looked like quite a few bikers and lots of buzzing mopeds - they look a real menace!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice