London Posse - where were you all?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Well?

I was down in the Big Smoke doing the tourist thing over the weekend, and didn't see a single bit of Cycle Chat kit. The lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves! ;)

Did see loads of cyclists though, and some seriously bad cycling (and driving!) around the area we wandered around (Southwark Bridge, Tower Bridge, Westminster Bridge and locality, Buckingham Palace area and Picadilly Circus area).

It was all very busy but must be so much better by bike down there - I'd go mad being stuck in a car in all that traffic all the time, but fortunately we'd gone by train and were using the Underground extensively (kids loved it!!).

Cracking weather too, and some very friendly people who helped us with pram/bags down lots of stairs at some Tube stations when heading back to the train station. Enjoyed it muchly (apart from the prices! :biggrin:).

We were all in Manchester, at the Hacienda...

dub-no-bass

Cracking weather = an excuse to get out of the city and hit the country lanes!
Why on earth would anyone waste a nice day by wilfully heading into a congested city? :laugh:

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
gaz said:
I wasn't in central london on the weekend. but can be found between westminster and croydon during rush hour :smile:
We arrived at about 12.15 on Friday and went via the Underground to London Bridge station and then walked to our hotel near Southwark Bridge. After unpacking we went for a walk round and headed over to the London Eye to see about times/costs etc. Would have been on Westminster Bridge about 4.30pm or thereabouts. Looked like quite a few bikers and lots of buzzing mopeds - they look a real menace!

Top Bottom