London surrey 100 which Condor bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kennedy

Regular
Hi all, I'm looking for comments and advice from anyone who has ridden th prudential ride London Surrey 100 on either a Condor Acciaio or a condor Fratello. I'm lucky to own both and am unsure which to use on the day. I regularly ride both and both feel good but I've never ridden this distance on either. I've ridden 85 recently on a Giant Defy which went to fund the Acciaio. I'd really appreciate any advice. Cheers.

vickster

Legendary Member
The one that fits you best and is most comfortable. Gears might be useful if either is single speed ;)

You still have a few weeks, go do a 70+ miler on each and see how you go :smile:

zizou

Veteran
It's a nice choice to have but you're overthinking things - if you regularly ride both and don't any fit issues then you will be fine on either.

Why did you buy both bikes? What difference do you find between them? Is one faster than the other? Is one more comfortable than the other?

My advice would be:
  1. If you are interested in getting the fastest possible time or at risk of not completing within limits, choose the faster bike.
  2. Otherwise choose the more comfortable bike.
  3. if both bikes are the same for comfort, ride the faster one and sell the slower one.
  4. if both bikes are the same for speed, ride the more comfortable one and sell the other.
  5. If both bikes are the same for comfort and speed, ride the one that you prefer the colour - and sell the other one

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Flip a coin....
With those two, you can't go wrong really. But I agree, pick the more comfortable one.

clivedb

Guru
I haven't ridden the Prudential Ride but I do have a Fratello (on which I have ridden 100 miles) and an Acciaio (on which I haven't yet ridden 100 miles, but which I am now getting familiar with). I applied for the Prudential Ride for this year but didn't get an entry. If I had I would have ridden the Acciaio. This is because it is lighter and quicker while being very comfortable. It is partly lighter than the Fratello because it has better components (Campag Athena v Veloce) and has better wheels, so there may not be that difference between your bikes. Anyhow I agree that the best approach as suggested above is to do a longer ride on both bikes and see how you feel.

Top Bottom