London to Brighton - any other lazy 9.15ers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
walker said:
Ah, thats a minor bump in the road, you'd be over it quicker than you know;)
Yeah, I reckon 2-3 days tops.

Wish me luck - this is my first time in 10 years, and so far this year I've only done 25-30 mile rides ...

Ben

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I know it's a charity thing but I often cycle back to Brighton from my daughter's in London using a superb, quiet route through the Greenwich foot tunnel, Kent and E Sussex. I can't imagine doing the scrum that the L2B sounds.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

It's just a different experience. If you saw it as a full-chat ride from A to B, you'd find it enormously frustrating. If you see it as a tremendous spectacle, a great social occasion and squash and cake on demand at almost any point on the route, then you'll have a lot of fun.

Ben

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ben Lovejoy said:
It's just a different experience. If you saw it as a full-chat ride from A to B, you'd find it enormously frustrating. If you see it as a tremendous spectacle, a great social occasion and squash and cake on demand at almost any point on the route, then you'll have a lot of fun.

Ben

I chat all the way... and consume lots of cake... and burgers... and Ice-cream.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

It's perfect, isn't it? We can consume any amount of cake, without worrying about the calories, and there are cake-stands about every ten feet.

Ben

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ben Lovejoy said:
It's perfect, isn't it? We can consume any amount of cake, without worrying about the calories, and there are cake-stands about every ten feet.

Ben

Point taken. Good luck and have a good day!¬

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Wooohoooo! I'm well excited at this! Me and a whole lot of other skaters will be skating this one, assuming it's dry. Some are departing at 06.00, I and my mates plan to leave the start at 07.30.

Introduce yourself if you see us, I'll be in blue lycra with LSMike on the back. See you either en-route or with Cheryl, Fab Foodie!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
gazzaputt said:
Never knew skaters were allowed in fair play. Speed you think you'll reach down Ditchling?

Still a human powered vehicle, innit. I'm more cautious than some of my mates, but a couple have done almost 50 down there. I stick to 35-40.

BentMikey said:
Still a human powered vehicle, innit. I'm more cautious than some of my mates, but a couple have done almost 50 down there. I stick to 35-40.

I get called a lunatic for doing 60 or so downhill on a trike but at 40mph on wheels the size of furniture castors you are well ahead of me in the loony stakes.;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Catrike UK said:
I get called a lunatic for doing 60 or so downhill on a trike but at 40mph on wheels the size of furniture castors you are well ahead of me in the loony stakes.:wacko:

LOL! But surely recumbent tadpole trikes are *THE* fastest and best way to descend?

btw, my wheels aren't quite that small, currently 100mm, and I'm about to upgrade to 110s.

BentMikey said:
LOL! But surely recumbent tadpole trikes are *THE* fastest and best way to descend?

btw, my wheels aren't quite that small, currently 100mm, and I'm about to upgrade to 110s.

I know, I was giving way to artistic license. I have a 26" rear wheel and 20" fronts and a trikers cackle. I will be joining some of the route on Sunday with a couple of other recumbent riders, didn't enter this year as we thought we didn't have time. Entry was closed by the time the diary opened up.

Top Bottom