England : London London to Brighton - Friday 26th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Would folk normally aim to cycle back to London the same night or the following morning? I only ask because I have somewhere I can kip overnight in Brighton.

How would leaving London about 7pm on a Friday and cycling back the following day suit everyone?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Would folk normally aim to cycle back to London the same night or the following morning? I only ask because I have somewhere I can kip overnight in Brighton.

How would leaving London about 7pm on a Friday and cycling back the following day suit everyone?

at 15/16mph riding there and back from London is a day's ride.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Okay, the date we're looking at is Friday 26th April, leaving Hyde Park at 7pm.

Then we'll choose a time to meet up in Brighton on the Saturday to cycle back to Hyde Park.

Unless anyone can spot anything here that sets alarm bells ringing?

If you would like to join us please PM me your email address so I can add you to the even on my Google Calendar (which is the easiest way of keeping you all up to date).

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Sadly we don't have insurance (yet). I would hope to be a CTC member by April but can't vouch for my two friends, both of whom are lovely considerate people but will almost definitely not have insurance.

Hmm, I'd rather not mess with any FNRttc plans.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sadly we don't have insurance (yet). I would hope to be a CTC member by April but can't vouch for my two friends, both of whom are lovely considerate people but will almost definitely not have insurance.

Hmm, I'd rather not mess with any FNRttc plans.

Well let me know if you change the date and I will change the heading.

If you are leaving at 7pm then it's not really messing with FNR plans.
The FNR to Brighton is usually the biggest (or should I say most well attended) ride of the FNR calender anyway.

And it's certainly no problem joining the SMRbtH.

defy-one

Is there a well used hotel that riders use,when doing friday night ride? .... I like the idea of SOME sleep before the saturday ride home

defy-one

That's settled then .... Let me get my Visa from swmbo and i'll be putting my name down for group 2!!!!!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Even if you buy your tickets now for a specific train*, CTC associate membership and insurance is cheaper than a return train trip from Ipswich to London.

*I admit - you can't buy them now for April. But you can for February.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Even if you buy your tickets now for a specific train*, CTC associate membership and insurance is cheaper than a return train trip from Ipswich to London.

*I admit - you can't buy them now for April. But you can for February.

How would one go about buying associate membership?

I like the idea of there being an earlier, slower group heading out from London!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
How would one go about buying associate membership?

I like the idea of there being an earlier, slower group heading out from London!

Andrew, I am built for comfort and not speed and it was with some trepidation that I turned up at Hyde Park Corner for a FNRttC in September. I coped OK with the ride and did not find the pace uncomfortable.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
2210773 said:
No. The format is arrive, breakfast and the split into two distinct groups. Group One ride back. Group two drink beer and then catch the train back. The latter group sometimes fall asleep in their beer or on the train.

I planned it all wrong and didn't get to spend enough time with group two. I'm hoping to make amends next year.

Top Bottom