FNRttC London to Brighton, June 8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Orange

Is this a ride where locks are advised? Looking at pictures of the parking outside Weatherspoons it’s quite exposed to passing tealeafs, or do we get armed guards patrolling the street?

If I partake in breakfast, one eye will be kept firmly on my bicycle and any near it. Should anything dastardly occur I will leap screaming like a banshee in the general direction of trouble!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Can we breakfast outside if the sun shines? It was a true delight at Malden

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
There’s a variety of options depending on how many beans you’ve had. :-)

Route 1 is up Dyke Road and over Devil’s Dyke, then Saddlescombe, High Cross, Wineham, Warninglid, Handcross. It’s a lovely ride. From there I go cross country into Kent - which would be good for you if you’re riding back to the Dartford Crossing. Or straight up the A23 to London stations.

Route 2 doesn’t start with a long climb and basically follows the A23 cycle path all the way to Handcross. It’s actually pretty nice as much of it uses the old A23 road. The worst bit is the couple of miles as you leave Brighton and ride right alongside the road. After that it’s nice. I can send you routes if you want them. PM me if you do.
Route 3 is the very long way round, following me :smile:

Can we breakfast outside if the sun shines? It was a true delight at Malden
It seems so. How's this?
5340_front.jpg

If I am understanding today's missive from Our Leader correctly!

Is this a ride where locks are advised? Looking at pictures of the parking outside Weatherspoons it’s quite exposed to passing tealeafs, or do we get armed guards patrolling the street?

I'll have my usual 2kg very heavy duty chain & lock with me, which can do 2-3 bikes.

I may be at the back, I may be near the front, I may be all over the place. But I'm in.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Now registered

Redlight

Well, I'm in once again. Last time I rode up the Beacon was two years ago on the Ditchling Devil Audax (which, by coincidence is taking place today). I got there mid-late morning and the road was starting to get busy, contributing to my being sideswiped by an idiot in a van who had forgotten that the second rule of overtaking is that there must be an empty space on the road ahead into which you can return. Ba***rd didn't even stop. Happily, unless we have a lot of delays on the way, it should be a lot quieter for our ride up on Saturday morning.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
As I get older and my memory lapses more profound I miss those lists of who has signed up. To make sure I have?

Top Bottom