FNRttC London to Brighton, June 8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
I've signed up tonight but its all dependent on my LBS sorting my rear wheel on time. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Those who recall the chillier FNRttC events will surely recoil at the suggestion of being, er, Tackle Out.
Don't be so Tonbridge Wells: you can keep your socks on and the looks you get from the public will make old and young alike smile broadly. (I speak from experience.)

hatler

Guru
I'm very sorry to have to report that the Ditchling Pop-up Coffee Stop will not be operating for this ride. Too much else going on in the hatler household for this to be possible.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm very sorry to have to report that the Ditchling Pop-up Coffee Stop will not be operating for this ride. Too much else going on in the hatler household for this to be possible.
Unlike, but for the best under the circumstances.

Tin Pot

Guru
So I can’t see on the website when the ride starts and from where..?

Tonbridge Wells? (Splutters pink gin)

Tonbridge or Royal Tunbridge Wells

People like you disgust me.

I will actually be in the Gin Palace in Royal Tunbridge Wells Friday evening, ready to splutter my Nordic gin with Lavender tonic or join the ride depending on the route...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
So I can’t see on the website when the ride starts and from where..?

I will actually be in the Gin Palace in Royal Tunbridge Wells Friday evening, ready to splutter my Nordic gin with Lavender tonic or join the ride depending on the route...
National Theatre, as per the email you should have received (if you've registered) today...
"The meeting point is on the South Bank, between The National Theatre and the BFI. Approximately here https://goo.gl/maps/Hmd3esMFqv92. Please be there by 23:40 at the latest so that we can get everyone registered and run through the safety talk etc in good time."

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
In that case you'll be about 30 miles away from us. Enjoy the gin.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Um, advice please.

Can it be right to spend most of the week before a FNRttC looking forward to it? Does everyone else do this?

And this week was unusual because today I took delivery of a bike - and this didn't dent even slightly the excitement of a FNRttC. I've done loads of them and every single one still feels like the first.

(Well maybe not the first one.....actually that was The Southend Ride - minus seven, waterbottles froze, sheets of ice across the roads. And it was a tad chilly....)

But you know what I mean....

rockpig

Über Member
Um, advice please.

Can it be right to spend most of the week before a FNRttC looking forward to it? Does everyone else do this?

Once I sign up, then yes I spend the rest of the week looking forward to it. Then the planning/worrying starts...logistics of getting there and back home (mainly done by my other half as she drops me and picks me up), will I have had enough sleep in the days before, what is the weather forecast doing (I'm not the only one to check it twice a day, right?), what kit will I need etc.

It's Friday morning, the ride is tonight and I can't wait.

Top Bottom