FNRttC London to Brighton, June 8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leeg

I filled out the registration page twice this week but haven't received any confirmation mail. Should I have? First fnrttc for 4 years so not sure.

Arthur Scrimshaw

While we are sharing our pre ride decisions, does anyone else feel the need to take the afternoon off work to faff with the bike? And agonise about what to take?
So far I have

2x tubes
1x lever
1x mini-tool
1x set of patches
1x set of quick links for 9, 10 & 11 speed chains (to cover any bike I may be riding!)
1x pump
1x cafe lock
1x spare front light ( even though I know I won’t need it)

Seems like a lot of stuff although the only additional items I’m taking over a normal day ride is the extra tube, lock and spare light?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
While we are sharing our pre ride decisions, does anyone else feel the need to take the afternoon off work to faff with the bike? And agonise about what to take?
So far I have

2x tubes
1x lever
1x mini-tool
1x set of patches
1x set of quick links for 9, 10 & 11 speed chains (to cover any bike I may be riding!)
1x pump
1x cafe lock

Seems like a lot of stuff although the only additional items I’m taking over a normal day ride is the extra tube, lock and spare light?

That's not a lot. Pretty standard to me although I'd always have 2 levers just in case. If you're carrying any less you aren't prepared for a decent length ride in the sticks.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I'll have tubes and a pump and a quicklink and a repair kit and levers waht can go wrong

tenor.gif

Last edited:

rockpig

Über Member
So far I have

2x tubes
1x lever
1x mini-tool
1x set of patches
1x pump
1x cafe lock

This plus what to wear...
Bib shorts, bib tights or bib shorts with leg warmers (shorts & leg warmers)
Long sleeve top or short sleeve with arm warmers (short sleeve & arm warmers)
Insulated gilet or windproof gilet (undecided)
Shoe covers or not (not)
Waterproof jacket or not (will definitely rain if not taken so will take it)

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Am on a delayed train. It's ever so warm. Not packed waterproofs. Wearing shorts. Also wearing The Original Fridays Shirt: gifted to me on the Caen-Bordeaux Tour some years ago. Worn only on Special Occasions.

Top Bottom