London to Brighton...logistics.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David Garside

Hello all.
I'm planning on doing the L to B next year but it's the logistics of getting myself and wife, and bike to London and then getting my wife to Brighton, then getting back home again.
My wife doesn't drive so can't drop me off and then wait for me later.
There's a possibility of a friend of mine doing the ride so we may be able to tag along, but we're not sure yet if he can.
How do you manage it ? Any tips would be very useful.
Thanking you in advance.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I did it many years ago and used the train .

OP
OP
David Garside

David Garside

Hmm yes...that sounds pretty straight forward...single ticket to London and a single from Brighton to home...I'll have a look on the train ticket websites for more info.
Thanks for that.

Drive to Brighton on Saturday with friend and two wives and leave two wives and car there in hotel. You and friend train to london with bikes and stay somewhere for the night eating and drinking. Wake up in the morning and cycle to brighton to meet wives and drive home. That's more or less what we did although i have the advantage of living in london and a wife that drives.

Reactions: gaz
OP
OP
David Garside

David Garside

Hmm! Shame about the bikes not being allowed on the train...a bit too far for me to ride to London then to Brighton and then home again...I'm not that fit lol....and it is about 70 miles to London and about 100 from Brighton back home again. The third option's a possibility....look into that one, thank you.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the carbon footprint of the BHF ride is a little greater than...........
A380_On_Ground.JPG

Sara_H

Guru
When me and a friend did BHF London to Brighton a few years ago you couldn't get a bike to/from Brighton the day before. Cars had to be used.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
When The Lad and I did it two years ago Mrs B dropped us in London then drove down to Brighton and met us there. If you can buddy up with a mate that's by far the simplest. Getting to London by public transport in time for the start can be difficult even without Sunday engineering works. I certainly could not have done it from Northampton.

As regards returning from Brighton BHF arrange a large number of coaches and lorries back to London after the ride and I'm sure they'd not cavil over a non riding passenger. IIRC they also do early morning coaches from Brighton to cater for those leaving cars in Brighton etc.

Top Bottom