London to Brighton price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cambie

Cambie

Maybe the OP wants to be part of and experience something that is big and well known and for charity? And although full of bikes, aren't the roads closed?

3 of those 4 reasons are why I'm doing Ride London :smile:

My wife and I are runners that are new to bikes and wanted to aim for this event for all the above reasons. If, however we have to raise £2-300 between us plus the entry fee we will not do it. We've never experienced that in running.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I am planning on running a London to Brighton ride in a couple of months time.
Count me in

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
You don't have to raise a minimum. If you raise more than £130 ish(amount changes year on year) you get priority entrance the next year.

You don't have to raise a minimum. If you raise more than £130 ish(amount changes year on year) you get priority entrance the next year.
That's not what the website says

We ask all riders to pledge a minimum of £150 sponsorship for this event. Your fundraising helps our researchers to make more discoveries and keep more hearts beating.

@Cambie you should look at audax. Budget priced and much more fun. This ride is wonderful http://events.paudax.com/ditchlingdevil. I helped out on it a couple of years ago. It's twice as long as you were planning, but if you don't care about a medal (which is extra) just let the organiser know you are catching a train home from Brighton so he doesn't wait for you at the end

adamhearn

Veteran
You pay BHF directly, so, yes. They say the entry fee covers the running of the event.
So, in reality it does not then... if the entry fee covers the event cost the charity will receive nothing [apart from increased exposure].

OP
OP
Cambie

Cambie

Just received an email from doitforcharity. Here is part of it:

"Yes you are required to raise a minimum of £100 for your chosen charity. The £40 deposit is separate to this fee. "

I'm waiting for BHF to reply. Update soon.

Top Bottom