London to Brighton Sunday 19th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Well I've had this event booked up for a while now & really looking forward to it , the mrs & I are making a weekend of it & staying in Brighton overnight on the Saturday & then I shall be getting the coach up to the start early on the Sunday morning .

Anyone else doing it , and more importantly have you recieved your rider pack details yet , I've still not recieved anything though in my original paperwork / booking form it said details would be sent out some time in May , so I guess still a few days to go yet but thought that I may have had it by now ?

Hopefully it will come soon :smile:

Looking forward to it my first London to Brighton

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I should be there on the BSA folder ....

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Be prepared to walk several miles of the route due to the sheer numbers of riders in, often, narrow lanes. There are several refreshment stops on the 54 miles, so there's no real need to carry food, but take water/drink with you.
Have fun, and take care as quite a few riders think they're on the TDF and want to race/barge past slower people.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Is it a sportive these days then? I thought it was a charity potter out.
Well, they now call it a "dangerous" activity (section 6c), require you to agree to wear certain ineffective clothing (section 8a - but despite that, section 10 says it's not their fault if you get hurt) and tricycles and e-bikes are banned (section 8a), so it seems to be a sportive. :sad:

I guess they've gone sportivey because the new extreme cyclists are more profitable than those of us who potter about for the good of our hearts and want to do a famous ride, but this sort of junk is another reason why I feel the BHF has lost the plot, despite the help it's given my family in the past: making cycling seem like an extreme sport might help them raise a bit of money in the short term, but it's bad for the long term heart health of the nation and contradicts their own vision of "a world where people don't die prematurely from heart disease".

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
At a guess, with style and panache. IME the closed road sections are sections where motorised traffic is banned, so riding along with the rest of the cyclists means you transparently move from closed road to open road without drama.
True .... and we'll be riding these for extra style points ....

IMG_4219.JPG

Lonestar

Veteran
Be prepared to walk several miles of the route due to the sheer numbers of riders in, often, narrow lanes. There are several refreshment stops on the 54 miles, so there's no real need to carry food, but take water/drink with you.
Have fun, and take care as quite a few riders think they're on the TDF and want to race/barge past slower people.

The last ride I did was in 1999 and that was chock a block.Esp up the hills so I plan never to do this ride again.Fun riding back though and obviously less than who cycled there.I took the train back in 1993 and that was horrendous.

Lonestar

Veteran
I can just imagine the idiots who are going to be on it.I remember the London - Cambridge ride about ten plus years ago when some guy dropped his keys and slammed his brakes on.Almost caused a mass pile up.Definitely put off now.I meet enough comedians on the CS 2..and also the CS 3 sportif set to do it for fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom