London to Brighton Sunday 19th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahale

Über Member
I'd advise taking some warm clothing in case you are stopped. There was alot of accidents and therefore a number of hold ups when I did it. One lasted about 2 hours I think the others about 15mins and it got chilly very quickly in just a T-shirt! It was fun to do as a one off but did the off road last year instead and that was much better!

Tim Hall

GPX? Really? It's not that kind of event. Heavily signposted route and thousands of other cyclists to follow.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
My 2 sons and daughter in law doing it. I would but somebody has to stay behind to look after the dogs and animals and i pulled the short straw :becool:

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Thanks Pete appreciated , down in Brighton now the place is buzzing already , nice meal out with the family & all ready for a nice early start in the morning now :smile:

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Well organised event & I enjoyed it , but doubt that I'd do it again , very poignant some of it , had a young lad next to me who'd Obviously lost his father & was doing the ride for him , he had a picture of his dad stuck to his handle bars , if that's not enough to spur you on to the finish line I'm not sure what is .

Respect to all who took part , it's a tough ride !

Tim Hall

As a ride, it is in danger of going to the dogs. Everyone wearing helmets, timing chips, full on time trial bikes, the announcer at the top of the beacon referring to a race, and roads strewn with discarded energy gel wraps. The BHF have pretty much ruined it. Thank goodness for the occasional subversive element like the person on a shopping bike in a gorilla suit with a basket full of bananas.
How was the litter on Ditchling Beacon? It looked like the villagers had had a big tidy up when we went through on Saturday morning, no busted wing mirrors, no discarded drinks bottles, no nothing.

Top Bottom