FNRttC London to Shoreham Friday 2nd June 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Damn, a wedding anniversary clash! I'm clearing my calendar for the Hayling Island ride instead.

PippaG

Veteran
Dammit - I was hoping to make this my 2017 return to the FNRttC. But tis not to be. Fingers crossed for 2018...

PippaG

Veteran
Shoreham isn't the only ride left on the calendar!

Anyway, are you all mended?
I know. But it's the only one I could make!

On the recovery no not yet:
Broken leg - almost
Fractured shoulder - just needs a bit more physio to get full movement back
Non functioning arm and hand from the nerve damage - no where near; probably 4-6 months but that could easily double :sad:

U

User482

It has got to be the 9:13 scenic route rattler.

Update: by splitting the ticket at Salisbury, the cost reduces from £52 to £22.50.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Tempted. Very very tempted.

But I don't know if it would be tempting fate - I rode 30 miles a couple of weekends ago and was absolutely shattered afterwards, and I'm not exactly sleeping well at the moment. I will sleep on it.
I have submitted The Form. I've got enough ride fitness for two offroad 10-milers inside a day, which must be roughly equivalent to two road 15-milers, which is roughly speaking half the ride. If I can do half a ride, surely I can do the whole thing, especially with "only" Turner's Hill. I suspect I will be keeping the TECs company.

@Flying Dodo - I'm really hoping to be on enough form to be able to turn up. If I have to pull out reasonably last minute I grovel before your feet.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Your planning sounds fine to me.
Just make sure I'm on a train towards Guildford by late morning. Mrs W and her mother are at Wisley that day. "Would you like to ride to Wisley?" said a perhaps slightly optimistic @rvw.

kimble

Veteran
"Damn and blast!" said Kim, as she recovered from one tedious cycling injury just in time to acquire a new one.

'tis but a flesh wound. Maybe Hull. Maybe.

Top Bottom