London to Southend British Heart Foundation Charity Ride 17 July - anyone going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cm2mackem

Über Member
At last count there's about 6-7 of us getting the train from Chelmsford, riding to Southend, not hammering it, some can some can't so we don't, doing about 15mph average, then riding back to Chelmsford, via a pub

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular
Definitely need to get a pub stop in at some point, a beer well earned!

Lee gg

Cool, should be good, if you are up for meeting and riding down then let me know, I'm setting off from Hockley station (3 stops up from Southend), cheers.
At what speed are you planning to do it at ? I'm roughly 14 mph, and driving in from Chelmsford area.

Cool, should be good, if you are up for meeting and riding down then let me know, I'm setting off from Hockley station (3 stops up from Southend), cheers.
Not sure if going or not as my Mrs recently started cycling and set this as her goal with a mate of hers, I dunno if she will be up to the 52 miles in time if we do go we will sign on the day.

I will be going from Rayleigh !!

Lee gg

Not sure if going or not as my Mrs recently started cycling and set this as her goal with a mate of hers, I dunno if she will be up to the 52 miles in time if we do go we will sign on the day.

OK good luck

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular

You should be good if you are putting in the training at the weekends, just try to increase your distance each time. There is a support team on the route to take you to the finish if it becomes a little too much, see you there :okay:

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular
At what speed are you planning to do it at ? I'm roughly 14 mph, and driving in from Chelmsford area.
I figure between 15 and 20mph, I'm not looking to push it or trying to race anyone, just there to enjoy the ride!

Lee gg

How's parking at hockley ? As I'm driving in from Chelmsford side, idea to ride to southend station fr

OP
OP
SteveThomas

SteveThomas

Regular
Hi Lee, sorry for the late reply!...you could park in Hockley and cycle in to Southend, but I think it would make more sense for you to park somewhere in the back streets surrounding Prittlewell Station (one stop up from Southend, 5 minute cycle), check google maps for parking, the parking situation should also be relaxed on a Sunday, also its just a 5 minute cycle up from Priory Park where we finish, its a bit of a no brainer, and Hockley is 4 miles away. Cheers

Lee gg

Anyone know if you can turn up on the day and get a train ticket for me & bike, also on the day pay to ride LTS ?

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Lee .. You're welcome to my entry if you want it mate just drop me message with your details & I'll get it in the post to you if you wish .

Top Bottom