London Underground?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Not something I've ever been on that much but any time I have, I can't help but be impressed by its ability to move so many people around despite the obvious challenges.

Tomorrow I fly to London City Airport with my final destination apparently near Borough Market and London Bridge. I've done a similar journey before, and from memory, it was the DLR to Bank then the Jubilee Line to Blackfriars or similar. Can anyone confirm if that is correct?

If I was feeling really adventurous I would maybe tackle a Boris bike but as I really haven't a clue where I'm going, I better stick with the underground for now. :okay:

Thanks in Advance

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
1. DLR to Bank northern line to Borough or
2. DLR to Canning Town (avoid eye contact with everyone there) Jubilee to London Bridge and walk it isn’t far.

Blackfriars is quite a distance away from Borough Market on foot, so that’s a red herring
i would probably avoid the Bank option as it’s the most annoying station on the network for various reasons

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
1. DLR to Bank northern line to Borough or
2. DLR to Canning Town (avoid eye contact with everyone there) Jubilee to London Bridge and walk it isn’t far.

Blackfriars is quite a distance away from Borough Market on foot, so that’s a red herring
The second option might be mine and I'll be sure not to look at anyone. :laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I do fancy it at dome point but maybe the next time I'll tackle it on a bike. Thanks for the info. :okay:
The TFL journey planner says this.
Borough market is just across the road from London bridge station.
Screenshot_20220207-201155_Chrome.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just remember to stand on the platform where the front carriage is on the DLR so you can sit at the front and pretend to be the driver :tongue:.

Top Bottom