Long Covid......anyone else suffering ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Ms P and I both caught Covid a year ago, I recovered, initially Ms P seemed to- then she started to feel fatigued, she would improve a little and try walking a little way which would lead to a several days of even worse fatigue. She has tinnitus, some other associated symptoms. For a while she couldn't do much at all, hardly left the flat. Recently though she has been taking short walks- really short- and has been OK. The whole thing is a long story- she has been to the GP multiple times (a lot of Ubers and taxis) even got a referral for an MRI scan. She uses an HRM to track recovery.

She bought an E-bike last week- today she rode it for the first time to Sainsbury's- 0.7 miles away- so hopefully she can start getting outside again-- will have to see how she recovers over the next couple of days but today we're happy.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Yep. Taste and smell fundamentally changed in autumn 2020

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Thanks for posting this Dave, and thanks for the blood tests link Presta.

I haven't been around here since a delayed auto-immune reaction after covid, since cycling is off my radar. It's taken me 18 months doing the rounds to get a diagnosis of vasculitis, and that's not the whole of it.

I am remarkably sanguine now, but anger surfaces at the lack of informed advice at the time. I had ME in the past and should have realised hard physical work was not sensible even though I felt ok and tested negative after a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom