Long Covid......anyone else suffering ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
@Dave7 I can't help practically as I've no experience but I do have a friend with Long Covid, he describes most of the symptoms you mention.

My friend recovered from ME perhaps 20 years ago or more. He tells me long covid feels much like ME. He commented just this morning on how tired he felt and remarked to the effect "I was stupid. I did too much yesterday and it's my own fault, I've had ME and know what to do."

The conversation continued and his view is to recover from long Covid he must act in the way he did with ME. Basically this was to take every day very carefully and not to use the good days to do more, no exertion. Take every day gently, rest after everything and avoid any over exertion no matter how good one may feel.

This is what seems to be working (very, very slowly) for our son.

Easy to say but difficult to do, and one day's overexertion can result in two weeks' exhaustion.

newts

Veteran
It's easy to over do it when you feel good. Several days of feeling both physically & mentally drained. Yes there is also anger amongst the lows because you're not capable of what you were Pre covid.

keithmac

Guru
I'm dead on my feet after a day's work now, was never like that before having Covid.

All manageable so think myself lucky really. My taste came back after a month.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Might have figured out part of my problem, a chance chat with a friend led to me purchasing a blood pressure monitor. Sure enough, I'm consistently above 140/80 when checking 3x per day.

At least I can go see my doc pre armed with a few weeks worth of info

It's easy to over do it when you feel good. Several days of feeling both physically & mentally drained. Yes there is also anger amongst the lows because you're not capable of what you were Pre covid.
I couldn’t agree more @newts. Family members and children have had covid but I haven’t tested positive for it. I reckon at some point I’ve had it and had no symptoms.

Some days I wake up and feel drained and tired and knackered or I’ll do the school run (.75mm each way) and my legs are exhausted and I had a great level of fitness before 2020.

When I go cycling my heart rate goes from zone 1 straight to zone 4 and I’m not particularly working hard. I reckon I’m suffering from a mild form of something and it’s driving me so mad… currently battling hay fever, conjunctivitis and a sore throat. I just want to be well, enjoy the summer and do some cycling.

D

Deleted member 26715

@Dave7 I'm sure I remember you saying about both your wife & yourself getting it over 2 years ago & how lethargic you felt then, can't believe it's still ongoing, is your wife in the same boat?

I hope you get well soon, but I do think you have to keep going back to your GP, the ones that gets results these days appear to be the ones that make a nuisance of themselves, my advise, be a nuisance, the country needs nuisances, better than being alert, we have enough lerts at the moment.

I hope anyone who has had covid in any form well and a speedy recovery , i cant understand how i managed to avoid it .
Maybe you haven’t avoided it, you may just not have had any symptoms alongside being infected (and hence never tested)
Wife & I are the same, we've not had it, or if we have we've not known we have, we've had rough weeks but put it down to just some mild flu/cold/bug/etc. wherever we have tested it's always been negative, but just about everybody else we know has had it.

Although all 3 of us (son was still at home) had something between Oct 2019 & Jan 2020, that we just couldn't get rid of,

Adam4868

Guru
I've worked right through Covid....partners has been teaching and two teenagers who have been out and about,holidays concerts etc, all managed to dodge it...
Until I felt rotten 4 days ago....tested negative each day and positive today ☹️

Top Bottom