Long Ride to the Coast - Sat 28th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yet another adventure, this time back to Dover. Starting from Hyde Park Corner at 8 am, late breakfast at Andy's in Rochester, pub lunch, followed by fish & chips on the shingle beach in Dover.

95 miles or thereabouts, and not overally hilly (but you know I always say that). Getting back, you can either hop on the HS1 to St Pancras, or slower, dirtier trains are available to other destinations.

I'll sort out a gpx file in due course.

Chelsea aren't playing so Ian shouldn't have an excuse. Anyone else interested?

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've been looking forward to this and you choose my birthday! :sad: Have a good ride!

Sorry the original sounded more petulant than I meant it to. I really do hope you have a great ride, it should be a lot of fun!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
*checks diary, play off dates, birthday, parties, dog-sitting*...

Sounds great to me...

What sort of class of women frequent these "dirtier trains"?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Count me in.... though I notice you already had..
thumbsup.png

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sounds good. Capel le Ferne en route? Sadly won't be on this, will be somewhere in Cornwall on day one of the LeJOG. Rerun sometime hopefully, though.

zigzag

Veteran
i'm sure you will have a great ride. i will be doing 600k audax in south west uk (maybe will see StuAff along the way?) that weekend

AAA2011.HS1OK A faster ride in prospect.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Trying to work out return train ticket prices but I'm unsure where to catch the HS1 from. Am I correct in presuming that it'll be a ride to either Ashford or Ebbsfleet and then one of the International trains to Kings Cross?

Abs

U

User10571

This is in my diary.

Will you be using The George in Shalmford Street as the pub stop?

That seemed to work better than crashing someone's wedding reception ....
wink.gif

Top Bottom