Long Ride to the Coast - Sat 28th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Potentially up for this one if the back ache goes away, guess I could always bail out halfway if I'm struggling . . .

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've had a change of mind!! The new mind works better than the old one (not difficult) and I'm postponing my birthday by a day. Is anyone up for riding back?

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Yes it will - there'll be plenty of bail-out points.

I haven't quite finalised the route, but it's likely to be the traditional (Shooters Hill) version of the FNRttC route to Whitstable, with a surprise turn thrown in at Chatham, plus a detour away from the centre of Gravesend, and then turning south-east before Faversham for a country pub lunch, then up onto the Downs on country roads towards Dover.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Excellent, then I'm a definite maybe! :-)

Sounds like a Champagne Supernova, again..

LouiseL

Hi,

I'd like to join you on this if I may but I've no idea what speed you guys normally ride at. If you can let me have a gpx of the route, if the pace is too hot for me I will at least be able to get there eventually in my own time. The distance is no problem. Fish & chips on the beach sounds lovely.

Hi,

I'd like to join you on this if I may but I've no idea what speed you guys normally ride at. If you can let me have a gpx of the route, if the pace is too hot for me I will at least be able to get there eventually in my own time. The distance is no problem. Fish & chips on the beach sounds lovely.

Ah, Louise, this is one of the 'Adam's* Amazing Adventures' (Series 2011) - you'll have no problems.

*Flying Dodo

:smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The likely route we'll take is shown here. It wiggles about a bit towards the end, because believe it or not, I have actually tried to avoid the most severe hills. The worst ends up at 10%, which is mild compared to some of the slopes out that way!

Capel's not that bad- like Box Hill, it's a grind, but a pretty gentle one. You still might need a breather at the memorial though (and apart from being well worth a visit anyway, the views are fantastic).

Top Bottom