Long road back !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
After about a 10 year lay-off Chris my old riding partner called me to because he wanted to get back into riding again. Back in the day Chris was an animal on the bike and just loved a good Hammerfest. We started off with some trail rides in June and July of last year, and Chris was hooked on the woods instead of the road. Then August 1st of last year I get a call from Chriss wife saying he's been hit while out on his motorcycle. Besides having internal injuries, ripped up skin everywhere, his left leg was broken in 4 places and right leg in 2 places. He had knee and foot issues to just add to the recovery. The first day after all the major surgeries Chris is already doing minor stretches in his bed. Fast forward and Chris is way ahead of what doctors expected and he's now starting to ride. He's using a mtb bike because of the easy gearing and I gave him some flat peddles because his knees can't handle being locked in yet. Chris upped his game today as I kept asking if he wanted to turn back but he wanted to roll on. Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow and how he feels. Knowing Chris, he'll be ready to roll out again real soon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpw8fAZ_B1Q

Top Bottom