Long Shot - Turkey & Medication

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK this is a long shot and posted elsewhere (where by journal is hosted) - this is a rather specific question aimed at those who have visited Turkey and needed to get medication. In this case I am refering to routine medication - I'm asthmatic.
The situation is such
  • In Finland - I had to see a private doctor to get my medication, but did not have to prove it at all and could buy what I needed in any quantity. The same applied for Sweden and Norway.
  • In Lithuania - I just bought what I needed over the counter at a pharmacist.
  • In Greece - I have only had to produce my repeat prescription form from the UK and if they have it, I can buy it over the counter because they will accept that as proof that is what I take.
My problem is that in Greece, 1 particular medication is not available in tablet form, only injections on a daily basis - not going there it complicated matters too much and means seeing a doctor. Also another is amazingly expensive even by Scandinavian standards (e.g. in Finland it cost €48 for 90 days supply, in greece it is €25 for 14 days supply).

I do have a fall back option, but would prefer not to have to use it (seriously expensive) and that is an online UK based medical service which will do one of two things, 1 send a prescription to a UK based pharmacy - my mother flies out less than a weeks time, or 2 - do a prescription for what I need and allow me to collect it at a pharmacy close to where I am anywhere in the world - but that assumes that the pharmacy is able to get what I need and in this case Greece apparently does not do this medication in tablet form which I have managed to find everywhere else.

So has anyone any experience of routine medication and Turkey please?
Do you know what the process is?

thanks
Emma

Top Bottom