Long term trauma to the vulva in female pro cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
How'd your missus find the Charge Ladle @LeetleGreyCells ?
We didn’t manage to get out yesterday, but the plan is for a ride today. Hopefully, about 10 miles on gravel paths and single track. I’ll report back later. I am very hopeful as my Charge Spoon is very comfortable.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
How'd your missus find the Charge Ladle @LeetleGreyCells ?
giphy.gif
YES!
The Charge Ladle saddle is an absolute winner! With the other saddles my wife has had pain from the very first pedal stroke. Today, nothing. No pain, no issues. A great ride with the kids over 12 miles, mostly off-road on single track with some paved sections. It was great to see my wife smiling all the way around the route and having a great time.

Big thanks to @Reynard and @mjr for your advice and help! You've helped make my wife very happy when out on the bike.

Now I just need to persuade her to ride more... :okay:

The Charge Ladle saddle is an absolute winner! With the other saddles my wife has had pain from the very first pedal stroke. Today, nothing. No pain, no issues. A great ride with the kids over 12 miles, mostly off-road on single track with some paved sections. It was great to see my wife smiling all the way around the route and having a great time.

Big thanks to @Reynard and @mjr for your advice and help! You've helped make my wife very happy when out on the bike.

Now I just need to persuade her to ride more... :okay:

Yay!!! :girldance:

So pleased to hear that a comfy saddle has been found. Hope it does lead to more :bicycle:

Katherine

Guru
Thanks! I’m now wondering if I ought to buy a second one now and save it for when my daughter’s older (she’s only 7). Just in case I can’t get one when she’s older. :wacko:
Definitely get a spare . But not necessarily for your daughter. Luckily I had a spare saddle which is now on the bike after I damaged one when I came off. The spare one was to take on holiday to put on a hire bike. That's how much finding the right saddle means.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Definitely get a spare . But not necessarily for your daughter. Luckily I had a spare saddle which is now on the bike after I damaged one when I came off. The spare one was to take on holiday to put on a hire bike. That's how much finding the right saddle means.
Thanks @Katherine I'll definitely be getting another now. I have the Charge Spoon for myself on two bikes and it's very comfortable. A second Ladle will meet all contingencies.

I'm also on the lookout for another Charge Ladle - but in white. :blush:

Scuffed and put a small tear in the one on the roadie when I crashed over the winter. It's doing my head in, looking at a less-than-pristine saddle. :banghead:

The scuffed one will then become my spare, and then I can move on the saddles I have that don't suit me.

What always surprises me about the Charge saddles, is that they're one of the cheapest options and they do tend to suit a lot of bums.

Julia9054

Guru
Thread resurrection but any tips on how to treat a saddle sore once you have one? Without wanting to be too graphic, I have a doozie of a painful lump at the moment right on the tendon where leg meets undercarriage. Skin is not broken and there is no sign of infection but gawd, it hurts - I'm not riding anywhere this weekend!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Thread resurrection but any tips on how to treat a saddle sore once you have one? Without wanting to be too graphic, I have a doozie of a painful lump at the moment right on the tendon where leg meets undercarriage. Skin is not broken and there is no sign of infection but gawd, it hurts - I'm not riding anywhere this weekend!
That's where I get them too............right in the crease? Afraid just covering it in Sudacrem and having a couple of days off is the only thing that works for me. I've wasted an absolute fortune experimenting with different saddles. I have come to the conclusion I must be a funny shape as every saddle seems to hurt in the same area. :sad:

Julia9054

Guru
That's where I get them too............right in the crease? Afraid just covering it in Sudacrem and having a couple of days off is the only thing that works for me. I've wasted an absolute fortune experimenting with different saddles. I have come to the conclusion I must be a funny shape as every saddle seems to hurt in the same area. :sad:
I get the occasional ingrowing hair but this giant lump is a new one on me. Just searched the bathroom cabinet for Sudocrem but it's very out of date so gone in the bin!

Top Bottom