Longer front detailleur cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Icemanhgv

Road Warrior
Just picked up my first trike, it's a KMX had to pull the front boom out but the front derailleur cable is pulling, can you get longer one's:smile: it's using a Microsoft idmf that makes a difference")

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
You should be able to. Look for 'tandem' cables

You can normally buy the outer cable by the meter at your LBS, use a bit of string to find the rough length needed.
A standard rear inner wire is around 2 meters long, which should be long enough unless you have some really weird cable routing.
The rear gear cables on my bent trike are longer than the front one and a standard cable works fine.

Whilst fitting the new longer cable it would be worthwhile introducing an "inline" barrel adjuster . Shimano bar end shifters do not have adjusters unlike most twist or trigger style gear shifters .:blush:

If you have extended the front boom ?
Have you double checked the chain length .
Overlook this important basic setup and you run the risk of wrecking the rear mech or much much more :scratch:
Adding extra chain is not a hard task and only requires simple tools
and best to use "flip flop Chinese puzzle links " and avoid re-riveting :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Icemanhgv

Icemanhgv

Road Warrior
After extending the boom, front derailleur cable to short, have bought a new one and now works fine, chain was too short, I live next door to a cycle shop, new chain bought and tools lent to me to do job, after snapping chain, new fast link fitted and everything good, I have found a way to fit front and rear lights , I think, will be doing this at weekend before finally taking trike at on road for first time, wish me luck:smile:

Top Bottom