Longest commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a one off, when I worked for a driving agency, I rode from Wolverhampton to Tamworth (about 27 miles each way). My regular commute used to be from Wolverhampton to Crudgington near Telford (look it up) - about 23 miles.
How far was your longest commute? I may add that my commute at the moment is 75 miles each way twice a week, and I do it in the car :?: .

rjeffroy

A couple of years ago I had a 30 mile each way commute (Ealing - Hatfield) but it was only 2 days a week, I worked from home the other days.

gary r

Guru
40miles a day round trip Camberley to Heathrow, 3 or 4 times a week.Thats enough for me,& i always have the headwind on the ride home!!!!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My commute is 16 miles each way on the cycle track, or 18 on the roads. I manage it 2 or 3 times a week. I'm aiming to be able to cycle every day within 12 months
:?:

Keith Oates

Janner
My round trip is 46 K each day that I'm in the local office, which means most days at the moment so I'm happy. I usually try to add some more at the wekend when I then use the roadie, bliss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/6 miles each way 4 days a week, road or trail depending on mood.

once it was an expedition, now its a sprint. :?:

TimO

Guru
I'm only doing about 5.5 miles each way at the moment, but once I move, I'm expecting to end up doing double that.

I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to it or not! :?:

littlestwoo

40 mile round trip on Angleseys nice quiet roads 3 times a week, unfortuanetly I work 09.00 to 2100 so coming home can be late and dark, blows out the conwebs though!

Worst thing is I mainly ride along the coastal roads, so if the sun is shining I want to go to the beach and not work!

TimO

Guru
littlestwoo said:
...unfortuanetly I work 09.00 to 2100 so coming home can be late and dark...
Sounds like me, I always seem to end up cycling home with my lights. I noticed that both of the last two "shortest nights", I still needed my lights when cycling home. :?:

Big T

Guru
I used to regulalrly commute 21 miles each way. I have ridden to a conference that was a 110 miles away, rode there and back. My current commute is only 6 miles each way but I often do an extended ride home, sometimes clocking up 55 miles for the day.

simoncc

Years ago I lived in Kendal and cycled to Lancaster University and back. It was 24 miles each way on the busy A6 on my 12 speed Claude Butler. Then my grandma died and left me £1000, so I treated myself to the train from Oxenholme to Lancaster (bike in the guard's van), which is a pleasantly scenic rail ride - especially on a few occasions when I fell asleep on the way home and awoke in the wilds of Scotland speeding towards Glasgow.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
I'm doing 70Km/ day - been doing it for the last year - though have occasionally used the car - clocked up over 13500Km so far and haven't used the car for commuting since May (and haven't filled it with petrol since may either!)

Top Bottom