Longest fixed ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apb

Veteran
On the weekend i did a 38 mile cycle on my fixed. there was a head wind on the way back but the terrain is quite flat, so not a very hard cycle. This is my longest fixed cycle to date. I'm hoping to do a 70 - 100 mile fixed next summer. I tend to go as fast as i possibly can and I was feeling pretty sore afterwards. I don't wear cycling specific clothing, which would probably help with that.

What's the longest fixed ride you have done?

Pottsy

38 miles sounds like an excellent effort looking at that picture of your bike.

Mine would be something similar in terms of distance.

colly

Re member eR
65 miles. Which was made up of 15 + 35 + 15 .................................. One after the other.............................not days apart........................if you see what I mean.

hoski

Veteran
I've done about 67 miles and 14.5 mph rolling average on 69", though I did have a nice sit down in the middle and was wearing my sexiest lycra.

There are some audaxers who have done some horrific numbers of miles fixed.

oldstrath

Über Member
About 60 miles Kingussie - Grantown and back. Last 10 or so on the old back road into the wind were a bit unpleasant, relieved only by cake at Inshriach

will965

1231 miles from Porto to London in September. Well, over 14 days but there were a few individual centuries in there. The Spanish hills on a loaded fixed gear are quite a struggle.

3pgj.jpg

edx0.jpg

72xw.jpg

edindave

Über Member
I've done quite a few metric centuries but haven't got round to a 100-miler. Only because I don't do organised events on the fixed, and I've never planned a 100-miler as a solo ride.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Several metric centuries and one imperial so far. The most recent metric century was far, far, harder than the imperial one.

Top Bottom