Longest fixed ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
:tongue:...as in I came back eh... cruel, very cruel.

Last edited:

will965

+1

@will965 What gearing were you on ?
61.4" (46 X 20 with 28c tyres) - low but turned out to be pretty ideal for me. I could spin along quite happily on the flat at 17mph and although the mountains were a grind, I made it up all but one climb without swearing and getting off to walk. The downhills, as always, were the worst but I wouldn't want to have sacraficed any gearing at the lower end just to make the decents more comfortable.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
60 ish miles on forum rides. I ride 20-30 miles everyday fixed anyway. Only did 3 longer weekend rides this year due to undercarriage issues and they were geared.

crazyrider56

1231 miles from Porto to London in September. Well, over 14 days but there were a few individual centuries in there. The Spanish hills on a loaded fixed gear are quite a struggle.

3pgj.jpg

edx0.jpg

72xw.jpg

Great Effort Man, One word for you - RESPECT :smile:

crazyrider56

I may be new to this forum but not new to riding fixed gear bike :tongue:. Last week got a new fixed gear bike from critical cycles, wanted to try real power, strong frame and parts wanted to get acquainted with my new ride and I got a lot from what was expected. Smooth, comfortable, stylish and really a strong bike to ride. Last week total miles was 73. Feels good :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hmmm, checking on the cycling log, 161.70miles on my fixed Dolan on a fnrttc to Southwold. Curiously my 5th or 6th longest ride. But the most painful. Track frames and anything over 1mile does not work..

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I went from Oldham to Morecambe and back with Bromptonfb a couple of years ago,
158 miles all in,I found the last 10 miles a struggle,mentally more than physically,
really needed some food and a break but it was 11pm by then and nowhere was open.
Felt like I was the only cyclist in the country still out on a Sunday in those last few miles.
I remember this ride, I'd forgotten that I'd done a 200km before my vomiting ride...so that's 2x200km rides yaaaay.

But kudos to you Paul for being patient...you'd have been home hours earlier if I wasn't such a laggard.

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
Not sure but I'd like to do 100.

I mean to do Sarfend and back which normally adds up to 99 miles but im put off by crappy roads and dodgy tin boxes.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Done a few 100 mile + rides on my Boardman with no issues and did the New Years Day ride with Skolly and gang around Manchester which made a nice dent in this years target of 90 miles.

Top Bottom