Look 555 - Buy or not to Buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have the opportunity to buy a 2008 Look 555 for £900 (RRP is £1300)

Now I have been looking at Look Carbon and tried a 585. The 585 is impressive but I don't really want to spend that amount of money.

Should I go for the 555? Same geometry, same forks, different carbon, alu BB shell and about 135g heavier.

The 555 doesn't set my pulse racing but I don't really know if any bike truely will.

My other option is a Burls Custom Ti for about £250 extra but the extra weight (a whole 300g) is putting me off. I'm a crap climber and need all the help I can get.

What should I do?

OP
OP
Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat

I have the opportunity to buy a 2008 Look 555 for £900 (RRP is £1300)

Now I have been looking at Look Carbon and tried a 585. The 585 is impressive but I don't really want to spend that amount of money.

Should I go for the 555? Same geometry, same forks, different carbon, alu BB shell and about 135g heavier.

The 555 doesn't set my pulse racing but I don't really know if any bike truely will.

My other option is a Burls Custom Ti for about £250 extra but the extra weight (a whole 300g) is putting me off. I'm a crap climber and need all the help I can get.

What should I do?

giant man

Well it's either a carbon frame or a ti one, the money isn't important but what is important is your happiness in buying a bike. You should try and get a ride on a Look, who make excellent carbon frames btw, and also go and see Mr Burls down in Essex and have a ride on one of his frames.

Only then will you get a clearer picture of what you want.

Top Bottom