1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look 555 - Buy or not to Buy?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Disgruntled Goat, 16 Nov 2007.

1. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

I have the opportunity to buy a 2008 Look 555 for £900 (RRP is £1300)

Now I have been looking at Look Carbon and tried a 585. The 585 is impressive but I don't really want to spend that amount of money.

Should I go for the 555? Same geometry, same forks, different carbon, alu BB shell and about 135g heavier.

The 555 doesn't set my pulse racing but I don't really know if any bike truely will.

My other option is a Burls Custom Ti for about £250 extra but the extra weight (a whole 300g) is putting me off. I'm a crap climber and need all the help I can get.

What should I do?

2. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

I have the opportunity to buy a 2008 Look 555 for £900 (RRP is £1300)

Now I have been looking at Look Carbon and tried a 585. The 585 is impressive but I don't really want to spend that amount of money.

Should I go for the 555? Same geometry, same forks, different carbon, alu BB shell and about 135g heavier.

The 555 doesn't set my pulse racing but I don't really know if any bike truely will.

My other option is a Burls Custom Ti for about £250 extra but the extra weight (a whole 300g) is putting me off. I'm a crap climber and need all the help I can get.

What should I do?

3. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

F*ck the money, go with your heart.

If you don't you will waste whateer you spend anyway.

4. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

F*ck the money, go with your heart.

If you don't you will waste whateer you spend anyway.

5. monstadog

monstadog Über Member

agreed. go with your heart. Bikes are something you fall in love with, otherwise its just transport

6. monstadog

monstadog Über Member

agreed. go with your heart. Bikes are something you fall in love with, otherwise its just transport

7. giant man

giant man New Member

Well it's either a carbon frame or a ti one, the money isn't important but what is important is your happiness in buying a bike. You should try and get a ride on a Look, who make excellent carbon frames btw, and also go and see Mr Burls down in Essex and have a ride on one of his frames.

Only then will you get a clearer picture of what you want.

8. Just do it you will kick your self if you dont and you see one on the road one day. You can all ways sell it if you dont like it.