Look At My Ridiculous Bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I think my boss said it best when he described my bicycle like a teenager buying a basic renault clio and then sticking a nasty cheap body kit and noisy exhaust on it.

I realise now I should have bought a bike with drops to start with, but this one is still a lot of fun ;)

17052010007.jpg

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Who ever took notice of what his boss said? It looks fine to me.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
dodgy said:
I'd like to christen that bike - The Frankenbike.

It's already been called 'Frankenstein's Bike' by someone so I'm afraid you were beaten to it!

And yes, that is me in the photo :biggrin:

GazK

Veteran
your boss is right.

Imagine still riding with the OEM seat post reflector fitted after all this time. you should be ashamed of yourself.

:biggrin:

GrasB

Veteran
+1 for RB's suggestion. I kinda do that on my Boardman, but due to the hydraulic discs I have 90 degree banjo connectors from the brake leavers & wrap the hose like you would with the brake cable.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
The discs are only mechanical if that makes a difference.

I consulted at the weekend with the LBS owner who facilitated my acts of whimsy about this and we looked at fitting bar end shifters or sti levers, but it would cost over £100 and I think that money would be better put towards my next bike.

... although I could get some second hand myself ...

Please tell me more about these '90 degree banjo connectors', though.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Wait, these banjo connectors are the little metal tube shown next to the lever on the ebay item? Now those would help tidy up those errant cables...

GrasB

Veteran
Because bike hydraulics are intrinsically the same as car & motorbike brake hydraulics you can simply use automotive parts as supplied by Earl's Performance Products to make up your brake hoses if you know what you want. For a 90 degree banjo connector look at the second row on the right.

Top Bottom