Look at this cutie I spotted in Ipswich this morning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
From the back it looks like a traffic cone being pulled along on a wire.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Having never been in one - how does one indicate? Plus - do they get involved in more filtering incidents than uprights?

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I saw a white one of those going through Hunstanton on Sunday. It left the cars for dust filtering through the traffic.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Would be better to get the idiot drivers off the roads rather than the velomobilist (if that's how they're known).
I think most folk would definitely see him and with a WTF?! expression on their faces.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
[QUOTE 4904224, member: 9609"]it blends in well at the bus stops and above the double yellows
can't imagine that been even remotely safe with all the idiots driving cars and trucks, most folk will never see him. Looks fun but not for the road.[/QUOTE]

I reckon its many times more visible then a conventional bike.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4904224, member: 9609"]it blends in well at the bus stops and above the double yellows
can't imagine that been even remotely safe with all the idiots driving cars and trucks, some folk will never see him. Looks fun but not for the road.

[/QUOTE]
How the bleedin' hell would you not see that?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I understand in normal traffic there will be the WTF visibility but I do wonder when filtering when hidden behind and alongside other vehicles.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4904283, member: 9609"]i

I would hope I would see it as I try to be as observant as possible, but not everyone drivers with my attention. Being so low down it won't be where some are looking, it will also get lost behind other vehicles. I'm sure that will get lost in the blind spot of large 4x4s let alone lorries.[/QUOTE]
The only way you could miss that is by looking up at the sky and not at the road ahead.

Top Bottom